*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1394445-name
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1394445
not a poem, not a story
I hear my name. I know it's just in my head but I don't care. I take it as an opportunity to run, to get away. I open the door and look around outside. It feels good to stretch my legs. It feels right. I look up at the sky and, as if on cue, it starts raining. I smile. It wets my skin and my clothes. I let it drip off my fingertips and soak my hair. I throw my head back. This is what I need. This is how it should be. I gather myself and start to run. Faster then before. Faster then ever. And soon I am running so fast that I can't feel the rain anymore. After that I am running so fast I cant feel anything anymore. I am above the earth and the world is rushing by faster then I can comprehend. I don't know where I am going, but I know I am going to be somewhere some day. My mind is steering me, it is taking me to that place. That place I need to get to. Soon I can feel it coming close. I know I will be there soon. I start going faster, racing to get there, striving for serenity. I see the sunset. I keep going. I run straight into the sunset and there is so much to see that I am almost overwhelmed at the sheer beauty of it all. My heart is beating harder then I thought possible as I catch a glimpse of that place. And from then on I am sure that this is where I need to be. As I get closer, it stretches out in front of me, almost too much beauty to take in. My dreams are sprawled out in front of me and I can't believe its real. My wishes are sprinkled over everything and I reach out to touch everything and I know I am here. I know that I have reached this place. I close my eyes and let it all wash over me. I let it all wrap itself around me. Once I feel it touch my skin I know that I'm done. I gather my things and begin the journey back to where I came from, promising myself I'll come back. I blink tears out of my eyes. I don't want to go. I don't want to have to leave and face life. I feel like I have undergone every emotion tonight, and I just feel relieved. I feel calm. So I start running again. This time, I know where I'm going. I know someone who loves me is waiting for me. I smile and run back to my home. I am smiling because I know something. I know that if I ever miss that place, I can just look out into the sunset and I'll see a faint outline of what was. And I'll surely remember how real it was, and how incredible it felt.
© Copyright 2008 Maggie Rose (maggi_ilyy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1394445-name