*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1394422-Darkend-shadows
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1394422
Is a story of a soldier who must do the right thing.
CHAPTER ONE
    Soldier in the night
        Author Stephen Morgan
Copyrighted 2008 All rights reserved
______________________________________________________________________
CURRENTLY UNFINISHED BUT GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON HOW YOU LIKE IT SO FAR
_________________________________________________________________
        My boot camp sargent use to tell us "if pain is all you have then you have nothing".He made us recite this like a prayer, to keep us going and alive. I thought of this as I laid their in a long and forgotton  trench. Covered in mud watching the enemy camp, and anticipating their next move, or guard duty, shift change. Minutes went by like hours, I had been on this hostage rescue mission for 3 days, hoping not to mess up and cost an innocent life as I have done in the past.
       
        One guard was stepping close to the trench, when I pulled out my 16 inch steel bladed knife.

        "Any luck with making the hostages talk?"
the guard spoke to the other on a hand held radio
            "No none once so ever, but keep a good eye out, these americans are  Libel  to send in delta teams to retake what we have claimed"
            "roger that, goose one out".
This was my chance, I rose up rain dripping from my face, knife in hand and ready.
Grabbing the guard from behind, and incertiing the knife into the back of his neck, then into his heart, blood pouring out of the mouth and nose. I disposed of the body and entered past the guard tower, inside the well protected fortress.
© Copyright 2008 author101 (author101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1394422-Darkend-shadows