*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1393584-The-love-of-the-b-ball-shot
Rated: E · Short Story · Sports · #1393584
An objective viewpoint to the sport basketball.
The player gathers up the ball, looks around to see the time remaining: 25 seconds and counting. He dribbles downcourt looking for the pass, but finding none, he continues dribbling; 20 seconds now he feels the thrill of the last tight seconds ticking by as he finds a player and releases the ball to pass. The pass is perfect as he knew it would be, but he doesn't wait. He runs to the elbow, calls the pass with 13 seconds left, but no one sees him. He tries to get the ball passed to him by going under the basket, but, again, no one sees him. So he takes the only alternative he can: he runs to the three pointer-line, with 5 seconds left he shouts for the ball. Finally, the player with the ball notices him and fires the ball at him. With 3 seconds left, he can only shoot his shot with a defender coming fast at him. The player bends his knees jumps high in the air, aims, and releases the ball with a flick of his wrists. As he comes down he stays where he is and keeps his pose. The buzzer sounds just as the ball swishes the net and the crowd goes wild shouting " JORDAN! JORDAN! JORDAN! " As he wins the match for his team, again. 
© Copyright 2008 A.M.~~~ back... (litalex95 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1393584-The-love-of-the-b-ball-shot