*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392249-On-conditions-of-anonymity
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Monologue · Philosophy · #1392249
Just a crazy writeup
Last night I did some thing liberating. I had my head shaved. No it was not on my 10 things to do before I die list, neither was it anything that changed my world or for that matter anyone else’s world in any ways what so ever. The reason I feel liberated is `cos it makes me feel free, free from the behavior expected out of me. Another reason off course was because Delhi is getting irritating day by day. The heat probably got to me in more ways than one.



It’s a Hindu Ritual to shave their heads off when someone dies in the family. Well symbolically I did something of sorts. It was probably the last rites of something that just died. And after a couple of days of mourning, this simple act made me feel light.

Since then all I have been doing is explaining to everybody why I did this.

Well it kindaa gets to you after a while. But I have been putting up with it with a smile and a grin. Some people were shocked. Others astonished. Some even came up with brilliant resemblances. But what surprised me the most was the fact that none of them expected me to do so. I mean it was just a hair cut right. But I guess I don’t come across as the sorts who would do something other then the mundane and conformed . Or may be I was too absorbed in the rut, so much so that my actions seemed unusual to all. Even the guy who was there to shave my head asked me why I wanted to do it. Well honestly I think all of us are so addicted to the usual that we fail to acknowledge the smallest of changes, as simple as a hair cut.



I myself never dreamt about getting my head shaved either. Not at least at any point in the recent past. Things were going really cool for me till this Bloody Sabbath arrived. Things changed hues very quickly and I simply lost control of all that I had been holding on to. Its funny how your real behavior can only be observed when you are under immense pressure. I guess under all “Normal” scenarios the conscious holds good and steady. I guess I flipped and flipped bad. To an extent, that I lost all senses of sanity. Almost for two days all I did was think and snivel peevishly for what I would lose.



I think the fear of being alone was what was making me flip. The good thing about bad things is that one tends to forget them as soon as they are over. The bad thing about good things is that they persist even when the good times are over and I just wanted to hold on to all that can only be termed as well surreal but nice.

Having said that I think all I needed was a breather…may be a let out. And I think this simple act of going against the popular notion about me I just did that. I know my folks are gonna flip when I meet them over the weekend……but till then I am having fun …………..



It feels like Loosing my Virginity....if there is one such feeling
© Copyright 2008 mstillalive (mstillalive at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1392249-On-conditions-of-anonymity