*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1390588-untitled-at-the-moment
by sweetd
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1390588
A young woman sneaks around with her husbands long lost best friend.
Chapter 1 My life may sound perfect but its nowhere close. Together we make good money, enough to make a house payment and pay the bills with still enough to play around with. Our 3 kids are always in need of something and we provide. He thinks we are one big happy family but there is one thing, I am not happy. I want to change my whole world. My change started on a sunny hot day in Louisiana. I was walking around the street just clearing my head of all the days stresses. While walking I was looking at all the restaurants and smelling all the sweet smells of the freshly baked pies and cakes. I walked around the park and saw all the little kids playing around on the swings and I thought to myself why can’t I do that with my kids. I just don’t feel like going through the trouble. As I was rounding the corner on the way to the mall I saw him. He was slim and handsome. He was tall and light skinned with freckles on his cheeks. His glasses sat perfectly on his face like the they chose him out the blue. When my eyes met his the whole world went blank. All the people moving started moving in slow motion. The feeling felt so right. I knew deep down that I shouldn’t be feeling this way. I saw him starting to walk over to me. I knew what I had to do. I didn’t want to tell him I was married. His walk was so cute. His sway from left to right was like he was flying to me.
“ What’s up” he asked. I didn’t know what to say so I just opened my mouth and words came out.
“ Hello” I said. That sounded so stupid.
“ What’s your name” he said.
“ Brittany” I answered
“ And yours” I asked back.
“ Joseph” he answered back.
“ That’s a very unique name” I said.
“Yeah well I’m a unique person” he laughed. The same person I wished my husband was.
“ Well Brittany is unique too” he said with a big smile.
“ Not really” I said with a smile.
“ Sure it is but I see a ring on your finger” he said with a frown.
“ Yeah well h-”
“ He must not be the one who is right for you if you have no problem talking to me or he must have done something wrong” he interrupted me and took the words right out my mouth.
“ Yeah well I just don’t feel right with him and our 3 kids just came because he wanted them in our family. Don’t get me wrong I love my kids but they just came at a bad time”
“ I understand but from looking in your face I can tell that you are feeling me” he said.
“ Now what makes you think that” I asked angrily.
“ By the way you are looking at me and talking to me” he said arrogantly.
“ Well maybe I do and maybe I don’t” I said as I started to walk away. Please let him run after me.
“ Hey Brittany wait” he called behind me.
“ Can I get your number” he asked.
“ Will you really call me or will you just get it to make booty calls to me” I asked slyly.
“ I really like you and I would like to take you out to dinner tomorrow night” he said. Wow dinner already I like this.
“ Well in that case you need my address too”
“Yeah that will work” he said.
“ Ok you got paper” I asked excitedly. He handed me paper and I wrote down my address and cell number.
“ This is real right” he asked me.
“ You think I’m going to let you pass me by” I asked him. He chuckled
“ Na you like me to much” he said with a half smile.
“Well you like me too” I said.
“ Yeah I do” I started to keep walking and I felt his eyes on my body going up and down. When I got home I saw my husband in the living room.
“Hey baby what’s up” he asked.
“Nothing much” I said dully.
“ Where you been” he asked like he knew something.
“Just walking around the park” I said not really wanting to answer.
“Oh well fresh air is good” he said happily.
“Maybe we all need some fresh air. Maybe a family picnic would be good for us all” he said as if I were the worried one.
“Na I really don’t have the time for it right now” I lied. I had all the time in the world but for some reason I wanted it to be with Joseph.
“Well we should try something, we haven’t had family time with you in a long time” he said.
“I’ve just been busy” I said getting angry.
“Oh well we are family and we need to spend time together Brittany” he said getting angry trying to out-do me.
“I really don’t feel like talking about this right now” I said calmly letting him know that I was going to win no matter how much he yelled.
“Ok Brittany we will talk later” he said as I walked away. I didn’t feel like talking to him. I walked to my room and shut the door. My children were in their room and my husband was somewhere in the house pacing thinking on how to deal with me. I didn’t care at all. I just sat there thinking about Joseph and what we could be doing right now. So many thoughts were running through my head. So many what ifs were racing like horses. I couldn’t control them. All of a sudden my cell rang. I recognized the number and nearly jumped out my skin. It was Joseph.
“Hello” I said excitedly.
“Hey what’s up” he said in his deep voice.
“Nothing much just layin on my bed” I tried to say without sounding like I was cheesing too hard. I was, big time.
“Oh really I bet you thinking about me” he said.
“Maybe I am maybe I’m not” I said jokingly.
“You love to say that don’t you” he asked probably with a big smile on his face.
“Yeah I do” I said with a big grin.
“I know you do but what are you doing say tonight” he asked hesitantly.
“Nothing. Why do you ask” I said very obvious that I knew what he was going to ask.
“Well I was wondering if you could get away from your family to go to dinner with me” he asked.
“Oh well let me check my calendar” I said jokingly. He laughed.
“Yes I’m free and I would love too” I said with butterflies.
“Ok well will you meet me at the park where we met in about an hour” he asked relieved.
“Sure Joseph see you in an hour” I said.
“Ok bye Brittany” he said.
“Bye Joseph” I said and we hung up. I got up off the bed and looked in my closet. Well there are some possibilities. What should I wear to impress Joseph? I didn’t really know what he liked. Did he like sexy? I didn’t know. I finally picked out a sexy black top and black slacks that were form fitting but my style. Ok now to think of something to tell Michael. I couldn’t tell him I was going out with friends because then he would have an argument waiting for me when I got home. I had to say I was going to do business at the job. Yeah that was it. I opened the door slowly and peeked out. It was clear. I walked out and went into the bathroom to take a shower. I got pass the hard part. There was a knock at the door. I spoke too soon.
“Yeah” I asked afraid of the answer.
“It’s me ma” said a little voice. It was my daughter A’mya.
“Yeah baby” I asked.
“I gotta go potty” she said so sweetly.
“Go in my room babe” I said trying to get rid of her.
“Ok” she said and ran away. That was a close one. I took a quick shower and got out. I looked at the time. I got 30 minutes. I hurried and put my clothes and perfume on. I did my hair and put on some make up. I was ready to go with about 15 minutes to spare. The park was only 5 minutes away. I decided to start walking and get there early. As I opened the door Michael was waiting for me.
“Hey where you going” he asked like he scared me.
“I have to go to the office for an emergency meeting” I said off the top of my head. I was surprised I could come up with something that fast.
“Oh well what time will you be back” he asked like he was my father.
“I don’t know Michael” I said frustrated that he was asking me so many questions.
“Oh well I was making dinner tonight” he said sadly. It irritated me when he did that. It wasn’t cute.
“Oh well I’ll try to be back for it ok” I said trying to sound sympathetic.
“Ok” he said with a smile on his face. As I turned around to grab my purse he grabbed my hand to give me a kiss. I knew what he was trying to do so I turned my face so he would hit my cheek instead.
“I really got to go Michael I’m late” I said hoping he would believe me and let me go. He did just that. He wished me good luck and let my hand go. I walked out the door as fast as I could before anyone else decided to ask me questions. It was sunset and it was muggy. It was the wrong weather for my hair but it’s too late now. I started my walk to the park. It was a walk filled with thoughts of me and Joseph. It was like Michael didn’t even exist. I walked past the rose stand on the corner and thought of Joseph throwing them on the bed. I was about 2 minutes away from the park and my phone rang.
“Hello” I said.
“Hey where you at” a deep voice asked. I knew exactly who it was.
“Right behind the bench And I see you” I said. I saw him turn around and have this big smile stretching across his face. We hung up and were face to face.
“So where we going” I asked.
“Well I was thinking that we just have dinner here at the place where we met.” he said in a cute voice.
“I have no problem with that except I hope you have a blanket to sit on” I said with a serious face.
“What you trying to say” he asked with confusion.
“Nothing I was just asking” I said defensively.
“It sounded like you were trying to be smart” he said angrily.
“No I wasn’t Joseph” I said with a sad voice.
“It’s ok girl I was just playing” he said with a chuckle. He pulled out a big blue blanket with dolphins on it.
“Aww.. Dolphins Joseph” I asked adored.
“Yeah my dad gave it to me when I was little” he said blushing. We sat down on it and he pulled out the food.
“Wow this food looks good Joseph” I said amazed. My husband can cook but it never looked so colorful and good.
“Yeah my grandma taught me how to cook” he said proudly.
“ Oh well she did a good job” I said. I took some dirty rice, ribs, and some macaroni and cheese. We started to eat and I felt Joseph staring at me.
“What” I asked looking up at him.
“Nothing but if you don’t mind me asking, what would you say if I told you that I really like you and I would like to get to know you more” he asked.
“I wouldn’t say anything. I would tell you everything you want to know.” I told him truthfully.
“ Really. So if I asked you what went wrong in your marriage you would answer” he asked.
“Yes I would answer like this. I just don’t love him anymore. He just isn’t the type I want to spend the rest of my life with. We have only been married for a year. Not to jump ahead of everything but I can see myself with you” I said.
“Well ok let me ask you this, if we were to be together would you be faithful to me and only me” he asked with a serious face. I looked straight into his eyes and answered his question.
“Yes Joseph I would be faithful to you and only you. I would not pull this on you because I couldn’t bring myself to hurt someone with your personality”. I told him from my heart.
“Ok” he said. We continued to eat and talk to each other about the future. It was about 11 o’clock before we said goodbye. He was walking me home and I just felt so right. I felt like I should be married to him instead. When we got to the corner we stopped.
“Good night Brittany” he said with a twinkle in his eye”
“Good night Joseph” I said staring in them. He gave me a kiss on the hand.
“I will call you tomorrow” he said as he started to walk away.
“Ok” I said after him. I went inside and there was Michael.
“I am tired Michael and I am going to bed” I said before he could even get the words out his mouth. I walked right past him and went into my room and changed my clothes. He walked in behind me.
“See you in the morning” I said and climbed in the bed and went to sleep. As I lay there I heard him breathing and pacing. I knew what he was about to ask so I just closed my eyes and fell asleep.
Chapter 2
It was 5:30 in the morning. I knew I had to get up in 30 minutes. I didn’t want to roll over and see Michael. He shouldn’t be in the bed anyway. He had to be up and out by 6 with the kids. Right then my door swung open.
“Good morning baby” Michael said with A smile on his face. I knew he had a smile by the sound of his voice. I didn’t want to say hi but I wasn’t rude.
“Hey Michael” I said with no enthusiasm. I was up by now. I wasn’t in the mood for a conversation.
“You ready for breakfast” he asked.
“Maybe later. Where are the kids” I asked to avoid the next question.
“I took them to school and the little ones to the baby-sitter” he answered as to tell me not to worry.
“Oh well why are you not at work” I asked confused.
“I took off to spend time with you” he answered with love.
“Well I got to go to work today” I told him relieved that I had to.
“Well can’t you call a sick day today” he asked sadly.
“I can’t I got a really important project to work on” I lied to him.
“Well ok I will be home when you are off” he said.
“Ok then you do that but I might be home late so you can cook for the kids and help them with their homework and while you’re at it clean the house for me” I said knowing that I had nothing to do after work. I was sure going to find something to do now.
“All of that! I wanted to spend time with you” he said surprised.
“I have to do all of that every night when I get off of work” I said angrily. I didn’t know why I was getting mad. Maybe because he was complaining for no reason.
“I have to go now. I want all the house work done when I get home.” I said like I was his mom. I turned around and walked out the door.
I had nothing to do at work. I just wanted to be away from Michael. He is just so nerve racking. As I arrived at Philips Inc. I put all my personal problems in the back of my mind. As I entered the building, I realized that I forgot my briefcase. I was so busy tryiong to avoid Michael that I totally forgot my briefcase. I didn't want to go home and I surely didn't want Michael to come here. Hopefully to get away from house work he would go to work. I decided to get it at lunch. He usually takes a nap at my lunch time if he's off.
I went up to my 6th floor office. I walked slowly not really paying attention. Judy, my assistant, walked up to me. She was about my age, small build, with rosy red cheeks. She is always happy and she is so sweet to everyone.
I snapped out of my trance.
"Good morning Mrs. Richards" she ssaid cheerly.
She handed me my Starbucks coffee, newspaper, and today's work. So much for nothing to do today.
"Good morning Judy. Thank you. So where did all this work come from?" I asked suprised.
"From the 8th floor. They claim that this is not their work" she said rolling her eyes.
"I did my part on these orders" I said getting frustrated that everyone expected me to do things for them.
" I know but that's their way of saying they don't know how to do it" she said sensing my frustration.
"Yeah well I'm going up there to talk to Mr. Jones later" I told her happy at my decision.
© Copyright 2008 sweetd (dboo1992 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1390588-untitled-at-the-moment