*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1381504-UnNamed
by shalea
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1381504
The ending to a YA book I want to write after i finish my adult book
Without looking back I ran, ran as fast as my legs would allow, kicking up the red dirt that seemed to be everywhere in this forsaken town. I ran through the crisp October wind which whipped my long disheveled hair into my face blinding me for a split second then flying behind me again, I ran as if my life would end, past the trees which seemed to glimmer with that newly wet green that indicated the rain had came and would always be there. 
I never looked back, needing to get away from him and the decisions that he needed me to make for us, for our future, the decision that would change my life forever. I kept running seeing no end to this dusty red road, silently hoping, wishing, and praying that this road would last forever and that I would not have to face the past and the decision that I needed to make. Instantly my thoughts turned to him with his perfection only flawed by what he was, what I could be and I knew then that my decision would not be simple.
I knew that he was watching me; he could see me running although I was already a couple miles down the road, and I could feel his misery, his need to know why, wishing that I would stay and embrace his world, his fate, his endless eternity here. That thought made me stagger and fall to my knees my hands bracing me for the impact, into the soft red dirt. I wanted to get up but my feet would not let me so I stayed on my hands and knees in the dirt and I cried. My tears falling down my cheeks picking up the dust from the road, leaving dark red streaks down my porcelain skin.
I was not sure how long I was crying, or even how long he had been standing there behind me, but I didn’t care I just needed to cry to let it all out. That’s when I felt him cautiously pick me up in those strong arms laying me against that smooth chest that made me feel as if I was home. I looked into those emerald eyes which seemed to hold the weight of the whole world in them, and all I saw was his concern and love for me, and I knew that my heart had made the decision for me.
         
© Copyright 2008 shalea (shaleamk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1381504-UnNamed