*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380666-Into-The-Sea--Chapter-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1380666
This is the first chapter to book two of my fantasy novel. give it a look.
Please note that the underlined parts are contributed by other writers on the project, however feel free to make comments and ratings based on there work as well.


Book2. Into The Sea
Chapter 1

Aleeana sits ever so perfectly in a delicate chair near the bed in the room. Concern fills her eyes as Osolo paces the floor, frustration filling his face.  "You know this is how it happens, I have warned you of it and you have dealt with it several times past. Why is it such a problem now?" Aleeana says with patience.  Snapping to attention Osolo begins to shout. "That was completely different it didn't mater then, now lives are at stake! How can they waste time and of all things throw a dafk party! I know what to do, why do the keep me from it!"  Taking a deep breath Aleeana calmly replies. "Dear, do not shout it is very unbecoming and curses will only cause people to lose faith in your intelligence." Gritting his teeth with a grunt Osolo turns and faces the wall leaning upon it with his arm.

Aleeana gracefully rises and moves to his side placing her hand on his shoulder. "What is all the knowledge and capability in the world, if the people can't trust you? And besides if I know you, this little time spent here will not be enough time for a flea to slip past your details."  "It is not fleas I am worried about." Pushing off the wall Osolo hugs Aleeana-shocked with the display-she barely manages a return before it is over and that usual calm returns to his face. To see any out-burst, especially one so uncontrolled is scary. Aleeana again begins to doubt her plans yet the way was chosen and there can be no turning back.  "Give me some time to ready myself, and do not worry it will only put lines on your face."
Some time to have a sense of humor, Aleeana thinks as she closes the door behind her. Steeling herself for the night will take her some time as well. There are only three hours until nobles will be arriving and Osolo will expect her to be there no later then twenty minutes before then. Not to mention our friends from Shodow will be there.

                                                    ************

  Leeana comes down the corridor as Aleeana passes her staring off and mumbling, she has been doing that a lot lately and it is giving her the creeps, she used to be so together.  Walking past Osolo's room she pauses deciding whether or not to enter. There is no time of course but she knows he is having a hard time of all this and it hurts not to comfort him. Forcing herself on, she continues on with her task.  After only thirty paces she Stops in front of what seams only part of the wall.  Washing away the emotions in her mind she takes a deep breath and pushes on the wall. Giving way for her the hidden door swings open, there inside some twenty five men snap to attention. It is one of the many hidden barracks spread throughout the wing. "Look alive!" she snaps, her following words are lost as the door swings shut.

                                                    *************   

As the time for the party draws near the various lords and ladies arrive at the welcome house there they enjoy light conversation and hordourves there they wait to be announced when the time comes they board gorgeous carriages kept especially for the transportation of guest around the estate. The path they follow winds through the estates finest vantage points looking out unto the serene parks and gardens maintained by the grounds men. The imperial wing appears suddenly by design, glistening in the sun and accented by the lush surroundings it is a sight to behold.
  The carriage leaves them by the ballroom entrance two huge glass doors that swing open-as if by magic-as the invitees walk up the steps. Once inside the doors close and the persons find themselves on a landing with a fine overview of the gilded and mirrored room already busy with nobles. There they are announced wherein they may begin to mingle.

                                                      *************

Lords and ladies mill about the room, house members stand out as all but a few conversation circles center around them.
Then there is the king's party. Osolo stands in the center of the room taking it up like he was defending it in some lost battle and he is not alone, the ladies Aleeana Sune Moonstone, Shana Leena Tuke, and Kara Nava Loston. Generals Leeana Namm Saluki and Osolt Tomm Damorden.  As well as captain Ordondo Torn Tuke and sergeant-lord Tomos Dune Sandorf.  All dressed well in cabernet red, royal purple and clover green garments with golden dragons accenting there collars and cuffs. There is a rift that has formed around them, one that is seldom breached and then only by house members.


                                                        *************

After leaving the carriage and being announced-“Captain Ordondon of the Ronadon Family of the Water Clan”-the captain joins in with the Guests. Walking up to a man drinking some wine, and introduces himself:  “I am Captain Ordondon of the sea vessel La-nà.”
“I am Lodono of the Earth Clan.  Interesting and yet repellent place that I live is it not?” 
  “It is rather interesting, but much more pleasing than you would have it described.  You would be corrected by many terms if the Queen of your land heard you say that; even though I am not of your nation I still defend your own homeland from the ridicule that you so place upon it.  I would have nothing else to say if you were not so critical of your own town, but you would bring me no more pleasure than to bring your remarks to the fore in front of your Queen.” Says Ordondon
“I would not expect someone as young as you to be so disrespectful to someone of higher rank than you.” He replied
  “No doubt you would assume that, but I have no room for respect after what you disgracefully say about your Clan.”  Ordondon responds
“Boy, bring this young man a glass of wine.”  Lodono Calls out
  “Thank you!’ Ordondon says to the Boy as he lifts the glass from the platter.
“Sucking up to someone of a younger age by requesting wine will do your kind no good.  In my Clan a man would be severely punished for a comment such as you have made” He says to Lodono
“I am very consumed of time at the moment and expect to be ending this conversation immediately.”  Lodono replies.
  “Ahh, I can appreciate your situation; at times I tend to be engaged quite a bit in my work.  If only your work benefited the Clan that you so undeservedly belong to.”  replied Ordondon
“Well, it was nice meeting you Or-dono.”  Lodono said arrogantly
  “It is Ordondon, and by the way, it was a difficulty meeting you.”  He replied frustrated.
    He walked away and started observing the crowd, looking for someone he might know as he tried to cool down his nerves. 
  A young man walks up quickly behind him and says:
“Ordondon!  It has been years, How are you and where have you been?” He said
  “Bowmondo, it has seemed like years, has it not?” Ordondon replied
“Yes it has.  And what have you been doing all that time?”  Bowmondo asked
  “Well, I Have worked hard and earned my own warship and am now Captain of the beautiful sea vessel: La-nà.  My father, Ordo-mino says: ‘that if I work hard enough, in time he might give me two or three ships to be under my command.’ 
But how about you?”  Ordondon Asked
  “It has been great!  I am also captain now of the Warship: May-aan-à.  It is really quite wonderful.  I have been only in a small battle” Said Bowmondo
  “It would be pleasant if you could sail along side my vessel back to The Water Clan to meet with my Family.”  Ordondon suggested.
“That is an excellent idea.”  Bowmondo replied.
  “Very well then, I will see you at the docks in a few if I am not assigned to anything particular while I am here.”  Ordondon said
“Alright then, until then or if not, farewell.”
    Ordondon left his old friend and continued through the crowd, as he observed them a few caught his eye, Women of a small range of age; Nineteen to Twenty-Two maybe.  He was only Twenty-two, perhaps old enough to be courting a Young lady.  But he was not looking for Women at this party; it was the meeting he was looking forward to, although the Young ladies did catch his eye as being well attired and modest, though some were not so well dressed.

                                                      *************

A cool breezes billows the sheer curtains as Arianna rises from her desk.  Random thoughts float through her mind as she walks to the waiting carriage.  The reasons she is here, the letter from her contact she received just this afternoon and such.  None of these thoughts are making it any easier to calm her nerves as the carriage halts in front of the palaces' doors.  Arianna is struck anew at the earth clan's taste and elegance--it’s really quite impressive. 
  She receives a few curious glances and a couple open stares as she lightly walks up the giant marble steps.  Others whisper as they pass as to her identity--obviously noble, but a little young to be here, no?  She is used to this reaction, as she does look younger than her 22 years. 
  This is not her first visit away from her home, but it is since her change of position, so to speak. Her blue silk gown with its slightly elaborate (in an unpretentious way of course) gold and sliver embroidery feels heavier than it truly is as she walks through the glided doors, her entourage directly following her.
  The banquet has begun, and she recognized quite a few faces immediately.  She gives her name to the announcer and waits.  They will not have to wonder at her identity any longer.  She takes a breath.
  “Arianna of the House of Biadova, Queen and Leader of the Wind Clan.”
  Trumpets sound.
  I exhale.  I have arrived.

                                                    * * * * * * * * *

      As I walk through the parting throngs, and take in the sights, I feel my general to my side, ever watchful and protective.  Ondolon is one of my five head generals and quite an imposing figure, though well into his sixties. He has proven his loyalty over many years of service---not only to myself, but, my late father as well. I trust him with my life.  Therefore it was not surprising to me that he stayed so near.  No one would hurt his Queen on his watch.  I smile to myself.

  I must say I am slightly shocked at some of the other females (you can barely call them ladies) attire.  Immodest sluts, I dare say.  I vow to myself to keep an eye on my younger soldiers.  After all, it was a long voyage abroad my ship, The Zepher.  There are others whom I recognize, even after all this time.  And of course the King,  He looks even more tired than when I saw him last, on my coronation only these 10 months ago.  The Elvish no doubt.  The war has taken a toll.  But then, it has on us all.
  I close my eyes for a brief moment, if only to block out the memories--the ambush, the ensuing battle and ultimate defeat.  It was a hard time--both for the nation and as a person.  They lost their monarch; I lost my father,  and mother and brother.  Curse the elves--we will stop them.  After all, that is why we are here.
  I quit my musing as I hear our attention called by the announcer once again.  Who has arrived? 
"Aveanda Breffnie, Lady of the Family…"         
         
                                              *************

Onyx- my favorite city. "Hometown is more like it" I thought to myself. As one of the members of the Noble families I was in a carriage on its way to the Imperial Wing. Another round of frivolity and high words- what waste! I would much rather have been in my own manor by the sea where fresh winds blew. At these functions (grand as they are) many of the guests, much like fish, begin to smell around the third day. The meetings are worth it, though.
  I am not a member of the House (yet) but there is a certain fascination with its workings. I grew up with strategic games and debate in the same manner other girls grew with dolls and kittens. I am the sole survivor of an ancient and discreet family- the others were killed in an Elvish raid fifteen long years ago. Hence, my interest, hence, too, "discreet"- sounds better than overlooked or forgotten.
  Despite disdain for the general assembly, I did dress for the occasion, in jade green silk with silver stitching at the bodice and hem, along with a head necklace in white gold with a single diamond drop in the center. Also my rings- Family on the right, Clan on the left, and my own signet on a chain round my neck. Diamond earrings complete the look.
  Of course the Estate is beautiful; it was built for no other purpose. I step into the entrance and notice my dress covers considerably more flesh than many of the other guests' (seeking an "interview" with some High Lord or another) and hear my name announced:
"Aveanda Breffnie, Lady of the Family Falx, Queen of the Earth Clan"
  Joining the crowd, I begin scanning for familiar faces. My gaze flits over Aleana Borrind (a lower Lady in the Earth Clan) in a wine brocade, the King and his entourage, Lords, Ladies, and-- Ordondo!

                                                  *************

Hello my name is OMOTO and I’m traveling here from the fire clan on boat. I travel through the earth clans territory in the city of Onyx as my story starts when I stop at a bar called The busted wagon inn and I walk in with my battle ax in hand and say any man that touches my ax dies I walk up to the bar and say to the bartender give me a keg of beer.
       
The room is full of men that look like they have had a hard life, scars and tattoos are the standard and ever last man is armed. If you are looking for a fight or a fighter this is the place. The room is dirty the floor is coated with saw dust and the walls hold all kinds of odds and ends each covered in thick dust  “never been dusted” the keeper brags. The keeper himself is a giant of a man his left eye is gone and a deep scar across his face telling you what happened to it. After Omoto’s speech the keep staring levelly at him while cleaning a mug says, “Keg? Boy this ant no PIGme bar this here is ah human watering hole. That means if yous gots a big thirst yous gits a big drink. So there be only one question remains, Light or dark?”...
© Copyright 2008 Che'joey (osolo007 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1380666-Into-The-Sea--Chapter-1