*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372399-What-Is-The-Poet
by Keys
Rated: 18+ · Poetry · Experience · #1372399
just my personal definition of what a poet is and should be.
What is the poet?

The poet is an individual that enlightens the darkness that resides within us with words so profound that you would swear the mouth of God spoke them to you. The poet is any man who can express themselves without fear or confliction. The poet steps on the toes of many and ruffles the feathers.What is the poet? The poet is a boy that stands on the shoulders of giants and speaks their heart while towering over the mindsets of fools.The poet is not afraid to shatter hopes and dreams with an exquisite vocabulary. The poet can take the famous words of Malcolm X; by any means necessary and create something beautiful with it. By any means necessary is more than accurate. By any means will I necessarily write on my paper whatever comes to mind. Be it angry, vulgar, sad, happy, true, false or so sexually explicit that adults are forced to cover their ears. All this is because the poet has no bounds. The poet has no restrictions, has no equals. The poet stands alone. I ask again what is the poet? The poet is a free spirit, a mustang running with the winds. The poet is in a league of his own and is unchecked by anyone. The poet is the champion of the oppressed, the defender of the persecuted and the armor of the crushed. The poet is the calm before and after the storm has passed. The poet is the voice of the muzzled. The poet is the billboard for the lip readers. The poet is the motivation for the depressed and expressionless to be more than what they have been deemed by society. The poet is the crutch for those who need support when lifes problems knock them down. The poet is that ray of hope when you swore all hope had abandoned you forever. The poet is a Casanova. A great lover whose words leave his lips and glide along in the same manner in which the rivers flow and the winds gust. The poet has the keys to the chains of bondage that dominate us. The poet is the swagger that we thought was long lost to the ages. Would it be vain to say I am the poet? Yes it would be, but the poet is about more than that. The poet is into bigger and better things. The poet is not satisfied with just being vain. The poet is vainglorious. The poet is ostentatious. The poet is me.
© Copyright 2008 Keys (keystone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1372399-What-Is-The-Poet