*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368960-A-girl-goes-back-and-forth
Rated: ASR · Other · Drama · #1368960
Just a few thoughts about my life...
This girl goes back and forth, her eyes are permanently cross eyed from the many different directions she’s been pulled. One princess doesn’t belong in two fairy tails- it just seems wrong. Two lovers, two heroes and two towers- two places she's locked in but must still give her heart to. 

Every airport trip is the beginning and the ending. She starts her fairytale a trillion billion stories away from where she began. More or less, when she arrives, it's beautiful in a sick way.  She hangs dead flowers from the railing. They droop heavily with their insides hanging out.

She waits here, yearning for the life she wants to start. She doesn’t know what to do yet. It must come to her soon; waiting is all she has left to do.
Sitting on a swing upon her porch; the wind pushes her gently and slowly in a new direction- her feet aren’t even moving... it pushes her weight without permission.

Even though she’s not in control, every morning the swing calls to her. It’s become a chilling sort of pleasure to be taken advantage of by a mere thing.

Waking up every day, learning what to do in the mean time she tells people to get the fuck out of her way. Listening to others will just delay what she must accomplish at the end of the day. But to make it worse, her heart tells her different things; lies even. The misshapen thing makes her believe a different reality. Her heart becomes an enemy.

You must run away, run far from here and never come back- it whispers. It’s a waste of time, leave- give up and you'll be fine.

What her heart doesn’t understand is there's no choice. The towers have her split in two, part cannot leave without the other following through.  For now, she must wait-- its just.... patience isn’t her strength.

Besides her heart, she hears a sound that's not from her own. Something outside of herself sings and ticks. And she begins perceiving-- perhaps this is what its all about, yes waiting will force her to think straight.  Otherwise she could have made many unforgivable mistakes.

People in the towers see her and cant believe their eyes, she's figured out how to dance to the beat of life
She smiles, and follows the steady beat. She loves to flirt and some how her skirt slips up to show the silky skin she worked so hard to be comfortable in. Deja vous are just a normal part of the day. She knows the two stories are somehow merging like evening goes to night.

Listening to her gut is normal now, and she doesn’t give anything else the time of day. She knows her middle wont lie. Hearts mislead and heads only know so much. Her stomach is more than a digestive system.  Here is where the head and the heart meet  to compromise. The damn peacemaker knows how  to trick them into some sort of truce. 

She listens to the signs, because each time it its without fail  true. She feels purple and red  butterflies fluttering about. It tickles her insides. She knows there’s something good, something worth staying for, something her heart doesn’t have to lie around.
© Copyright 2008 loverlywoman (loverlywoman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1368960-A-girl-goes-back-and-forth