*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367397-Geronimo-Saves-The-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1367397
This is a short story about a pit bull and his moment of blistfull excitement.



                 

                          Geronimo Saves The Day






Hi!  My name is Geronimo. My Dad takes me for a walk almost every day.


We  walked down this steep hill from our house in Colorado Springs.  My mom says  I'm a pit-bull puppy, and that I am her “special boy”.

Dad and I started our walk down the hill , on a perfect summers eve.  You can smell the sweet scent of violets in the air, and you can see the wild flowers on the green mountains, so close, you could almost touch them.  You can here the music playing loudly from the restaurant at the bottom of the hill.  People were talking and laughing.

I hate bicycles, and in a moments notice a man on a bicycle came riding down the hill behind us.  I started to dodge at the man on his bike, as my Dad jerked my leash back, "Geronimo, no" he said .  The man rode on by as I was trying to lunge from my leash, which restrained me a minute. Suddenly the man on the bike just  sat still-less, and then fell over sideways, hitting his head on a rock lying on the street.  We ran over to where the man was unconcous and bleeding.  My Dad grabbed his shoulders, and I grabbed his shirt collar to try and drag him off the bike, and over to the curb..  A man screamed in the background, from the restaurant, "Sea,should I call 911, is he alright"    We were still pulling him inch by inch. When we got to the side of the street, Dad then, examining the man said.  "No, I think he!s just drunk, he will probably sober up shortly.  He has other scars that look like he has done this before."  "O.K. ",  as the man started to move around and try to sit up, all of a sudden the people sitting outside the restaurant stood up and started to clap. " Yeah "  My dad said I “Geronimo” am a hero.

We continued our walk, and the rest of the time I felt so proud of who I am.  The flowers on the side of the road that my Mom showed me how to smell and not try to eat, were everywhere. As the dark set in we were almost home, and as I ran up the driveway I thought      :I can!t wait to tell my Mom How I, “Geronimo” Saved The
Day”.                                     








                                                                                                                                                   
© Copyright 2007 Sydney Bluefeather (cynthia121 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1367397-Geronimo-Saves-The-Day