*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1366641-Unsound-Mind
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Writing · #1366641
This is something that came out as I was free writing. Enjoy.
My feet hurt. Running from this chaos in bare feet, going nowhere but down. Insomnia is slowly driving me to sanity as I find solace in my room. I find your picture. As I touch it, it crumbles between my fingers. I look for more evidence of your existence to no avail. The sound of my laughter creeps me out. Starting out as mere curiosity, it has now become my obsession. To find you. To touch you.
I saw you in the park the other day. I capture your beauty, and it crumbled. My touch destroyed you. I cry dust and realize I need to hydrate. I remember my dream last night. Maybe it was a nightmare. The radio plays nothing but static as I ponder the sense of it all. I am out of breath and I cannot speak. My hands shake from too much caffeine. The pencil breaks.
I have no idea who you are. I cannot get you out of my head. The nightmares that prevent my sleep distort my perception of reality. I cannot let you break my heart. In my head, you already have.
© Copyright 2007 Dr. Paige Marshall (danisux at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1366641-Unsound-Mind