*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362754-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1362754
jazmins mom is in an accident
“Jazmin, wake up time to go to school,” said Mrs. Colon walking into Jazmin’s room. Jazmin gets out of bed and goes to the bathroom. Three minutes later she comes out of the shower with her hair wet. Then her mom helps her get dressed and gives her breakfast. Jazmin puts a spoonful of scramble eggs in her mouth and says, “Today I’m going to a field trip, mommy.”
“That’s great, honey. But please don’t talk with your mouth full,” said Mrs. Colon washing dishes. Jazmin gulped her food down and said, “Sorry, mommy.”
Once Jazmin was finished eating breakfast, Mrs. Colon helped put Jazmin’s jacket on. Then they headed out and walked to school talking. Mrs. Colon and Jazmin crossed the street and didn’t notice a van was coming. It was going to fast. Mrs. Colon turned and looked. She hesitated and pushed Jazmin out of the way because the car was going to Jazmin. Jazmin landed on her knee in the sidewalk. She got up and looked at her knee and saw that it was bleeding. She turned around and saw a lot of people surrounding her mother. Then she saw an ambulance.
Jazmin didn’t know what was going on and why her mother was laying in the ground with a lot of people surrounding her. The ambulance came and took her mother and Jazmin ran to her mother and said, “Mom!”
“Are you her daughter?” asked the ambulance man. Jazmin nodded yes and the ambulance man let her in the ambulance with her mother. Jazmin held her moms hand and just cried. Once they got to the hospital the doctors took Jazmin to a different room and her mother to a different room. The doctor cleaned Jazmin’s cut and put a bandage on it and then took her to the waiting room where she saw Josaline, Jason, and Justin. Jazmin ran to them and hugged them. Jason asked, “How’s mom? Where is she? Why is it taking so long for her to come.”
“I don’t know. They took her to a different room,” replied Jazmin. Josaline bended down to Jazmin’s height, held her hand and asked, “Do you remember what happened Jazmin?”
“All I remember was that we were crossing the street to go to my school and she pushed me and I got a cut on my knee. I turned around and I saw a lot of people surrounding her. Then I saw an ambulance and they took her and me and we came here. And I don’t what happen to mommy or why she was in the floor. I am scared. Is mommy going to be all right, Josaline. Is she?” explained Jazmin.
Josaline nodded ands replied, ”Don’t worry, Jazmin. Mom is going to be fine.”
“Are you sure, Josaline?” asked Jazmin. Josaline smiled and replied,” I’m sure Jazmin. I’m sure.”
A few hours later a doctor came in and went towards them and said, “Your mother would like to see you all. Come with me, please.”
They followed the doctor into a room. There they saw there mother. Josaline wanted to cry so bad because of the way she saw her mothers face. It was all bruised and hurt. Josaline held back her tears and asked, ”Mom are you okay?”
“I’m alright honey ,” Mrs. Colon said weakly. Jazmin looked at her mother and took her hand. Jamzin asked, “Are you coming home?”
“Yes, honey I’m coming home. Don’t worry. I’ll be all better. Once I get better I will take you all Saturday shopping and buy you guys anything you want,” explained Mrs. Colon also holding back her tears. Then the doctor came and told them that they have to go back to the waiting room because they had to take her blood.
Another hour later the doctor came with a serious look on his face and went towards another doctor. He whispered so the kids wouldn’t hear them, “How am I going to tell her kids?”
“I don’t know, but if you don’t tell them they will find out eventually,” said the doctor. The doctor looked at Josaline and then at the doctor and said,” This is a tough one.”
He then went towards the kids and shook his head no and looked at the floor. Jason looked at the doctor in a confused way and said,” What? What is that suppose to mean?”
“I’m sorry, we did the best we can to try to save her. But, she lost a lot of blood. We did the best we can. We’re very sorry,” explained the doctor. Jason then exclaimed,” Tried? You tried? This is bull!”
Jason ran outside and sat in the steps of the hospital and put is face on his lap and just cried. The doctor looked at Josaline and said,” Is there any family member that you know that you would like to stay with?”
Josaline had a tear in her eye and shooked her head no. “It’s okay if you cry. I would have cried too. Your mother is a hero. She saved your little sister’s life.”
Then the doctor left and Josaline hugged Jazmin. Jazmin who finally knew what went wrong asked Josaline,” Mommy is sleeping, now?”
Josaline nodded her head and hugged her. A lot of things went through Josaline’s mind. Since, she didn’t know where her father lived, and she didn’t know where they were going to go. The doctor’s let them stay in the children’s room for the night until they find out where the kids were going to go.
Everything that was going on for Josaline, Jason, Justin, and Jazmin was like a nightmare. First of all, they were sad that their mother had past away and they were confused and hurt because they had know idea where their father was or where they were going to live now that there mother wasn’t with them.
© Copyright 2007 WriterJay89 (jvgurl89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362754-