*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360514-The-Clown-Princess
by Dante
Rated: E · Poetry · Tragedy · #1360514
Poetic Tragedy
There was once a princess sweet and faire, who loved to watch clowns throw confetti into the air.
There also once was a clown, Gurfu by name, who for everyone would do the very same.
It was circus night and the princess was there, and when she saw the clown throw his confetti in the air, the princess seemed to weep upon her princess chair.
And it was at that moment and I can not tell you why, but that princess caught sight of a twinkle in poor Gurfu's eye.
And as I could tell and could plainly see, the heart in poor Gurfu skipped a beat, and his face started to shine.
And his nose began to gleem, for you see, Gurfu the clown fell in love with that princess who would someday be queen.
It might be the strangest tale around, but that princess fell in love with that poor circus clown.
But as you know and it does seem swell, that clowns live alone, and nary was there ever one who married well.
And all clowns know very well, that they must sometimes kiss a sad day farewell.
So then, the only difference between a smile and a frown, is whether your eyes are up or down.
And so it was with Gurfu the clown that he left the stage with a tear in his eye and on his face the saddest frown.
© Copyright 2007 Dante (dante2112 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1360514-The-Clown-Princess