*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354965-Grandpa-Freds-Spirit
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Family · #1354965
Seeing a Spirit
First Time I Saw My Grandfather Fred's Spirit!

My Grandfather Fred passed away on September 23rd 2007, with me, my mother, my aunt (my mother's sister), my uncle, and Carrie by his side. At 8:32am in the morning he was lying in his bed. In a deep sleep which we knew he wasn't going to wake up out of it.

Let me turn back a month earlier. In August Grandpa Fred was diagnosed with Cancer (kidney). The doctors told us three months tops. We would have to be with. A few weeks later came and go and its was September 20th 2007 my little sisters ninth birthday. We all went to my Aunts where my grandfather was living for a party (this might have been the last get together with him. Turns out it was!). So we noticed that he wasn't himself. We paid no mind because we thought it was all that medicine he was on. Little did we know three days later he would be gone from our lives physically (but not spiritually) for some reason lucky reason I was with him up until he passed on. The night before he passed, me, Carrie, my mother, my aunt and uncle ran him to the hospital. He was completely out of it. He was remising of his childhood, being in the army, seeing my mother and my aunt as teenagers (with hickies on their necks, I remember him saying "Lisa cover your neck, you have hickies on it. Irene, let me see your neck cover your too." I sat their next to him laughing), seeing me as a baby. Then out of no where he was staring and smiling up at the ceiling. I and my uncle totally shocked. The sad part was we both knew what he was doing. (Now over the past few years I have become a senses (psychic, but don't want to be called that. When I was on my way to my aunts house that night, leaving work early I knew this was it. He will be leaving us in less than 24 hours.). He was staring up at the ceiling smiling. I and my uncle knew, they were calling him to come and be with them and god. It was the spirit guides or hey my crazy uncle Charlie (my grandfathers brother) who passed on also earlier this year. My grandfather knew I knew that's why he listened to me. He knew when I was talking. Turn out not only did he have cancer, but he also caught a cold because he did not get out of bed. Right when we were about to leave the hospital he threw up. Little did we know that was all the acids that was eating him up inside. I drove him home that night from the hospital. If I only knew that was going to be his last car drive, I would have driven him around longer. When he got out he told me "Thanks my baby". I said good night and drove home. My mother got a call to come ASAP. We jumped in the call around 7pm when we got to my aunts house he was gone for good. Laying there with his mouth open and eyes open. The cops couldn't get them to shut all the way. We all hung around him, crying, hugging him. It felt like he was there watching us cry and hug him and said our goodbyes for that day. More came the day of the wake and funeral of course. Let me just tell you since I completely forgot, my grandfather told my sister on her birthday, "He will always be here."

Now I just told you what he said to my sister. Well that indeed is true. He was been with us the past two months. The same day he passed he made his presence know. I was in the room where he passed away because that's where they kept their computer. I was on it because I need to just stay sane enough. Well that did quite work the way I wanted it to. See when he was in the hospital in August. Some one gave him a balloon that is musical. If you tap it, it starts singing "Don't Worry Be Happy" (how ironic huh.) Well I had no clue at that time that my mother once the funeral parlor guys took him away, banged on it to the balloon to work. It didn't work. So i'm sitting there with Carrie, my brother and cousin was in the living room on the other side of the house and my mother, aunt, grandmother, and uncle went to the funeral parlor. I had my aunt's camera with me at this time. All of a sudden the balloon started to play. The balloon kept going and going and going. Five minutes go by and it's still singing. Carrie tells me to start taking pictures (this is where our paranormal instincts come into play). I stated to take random pictures of the room. I looked at the pictures and over by the balloons was my grandfather's face, in clear view. No picture of him was over there. This really shocked me, but also I was glad because he's letting me know he's here and he's happy, and he doesn't want us to worry about him. Let showed everyone the picture in the house and everyone is completely shocked and happy to see him one last time happy. (So I thought was the last time). That night I was sleeping and for some reason I was woken up. But I kept my eyes shut and then something grabbed my hand and squeezed it. When that happened, I saw my grandfather clear as day in my mind. As the grip let go he faded away. I know that was him because he knows he can interact with him. I have become the person to pass through. (He isn't the only one of my family that comes to me. My great grandmother and my uncle from my fathers side comes to me all the time.) When I woke up I smiled because I knew he was letting me know he's still here with us. Weeks go passed and nothing from him. Then Carries birthday arrived on November 12th 2007. In the picture with her and the cat he has returned again to let us know he's here. By this time, the bed that he passed in was in my sister's room, and his favorite blanket I have because I feel close to him. My mother has his boots (on pair of cow boots) and one of his cow boy hats. Well in the picture he is looking at them, smiling, this time you can see his hate, smile, eyes, mustache, and what looks to be a collared shirt and you what believe what else, the hat that my mother actually has. That's amazing photo that I will keep with me for ever. Now a week later I happened to have a dream. That he came to me in. I know sounds funny. But its true, I was having a full on conversation with him. He was asking how everyone was doing while I asked how he enjoyed it being in heaven. He answered saying that he was happy and it liked it very much. You don't normally remember every little detail of the dreams you have. But this one I can tell you where I was what I was wearing and everything. That's how I know he actually came to me. Now that night I had Carrie in the room with me, and she indeed heard me talking she couldn't understand what I was saying, but she knew I was sleeping because she tried to wake me up. It was like I was in a trance having this conversation with someone that wasn't there. I told everyone about it and they get a little spooked because here I am having a total conversation with my deceased grandfather and the picture doesn't help. I just want him to know he's welcomed to come to me and appear in my pictures anytime he wants. Also I love him very much.

© Copyright 2007 Tinkerbell (tinkerbell0215 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1354965-Grandpa-Freds-Spirit