*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1344868-The-Saver-or-the-Saved
by T-man
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1344868
A Richmond police officer has a big job, to stop a terrorist headed for Washington D.C.
The helicopter took a slick left turn. The foot step slammed into the building sending the helicopter and its crew barreling toward the ground. As the door of the helicopter passed the corner of the building, I leaped for it, grabbed onto it and pulled myself up. I then sprinted for the stairs. The building was ten stories high but it only took me about a minute to get all the way down. I ran to the crash site, but all I saw was debris and fire. The fortunate terrorist we were chasing escaped out of the city.
I grabbed for my cell phone and called in backup and the fire department to put out the fire. I waited nervously for about 5 minutes. Once the policemen arrived I ran to one of the cop cars, told him to move to shotgun, then took the wheel and slammed on the gas. I made my way out of the city and onto rout 288 north to Washington D.C.
The old police car was weaving through cars at about 95 miles per hour. I told the other cop to load both my gun and his and be prepared for the worst.
"This guy we're after is really dangerous, he is armed and wants to kill President Bush," I explained.
"Ok, so what...... what are we going to do 'bout it?" said Officer Williams
"We need to kill or capture him, here use my cell to call the Washington Police Department."
"I'm connected, what'll I say?"
“Ask them to send three police troopers out to the highway, and to protect the president!"
"Will do sir."
After a minute or so we could see the overcrowded city. From the highway we saw a speeding car identical to the one we had been chasing in Richmond. I checked the driver to see if it was the same looking man. He was identical. I pointed my gun at the window of his car and fired. His window shattered, he swervered a little bit but continued on his way. I now aimed at his tire. I fired one shot at his back left tire. I missed. I fired again this time popping his tire. He skidded sideways then hit another car and flipped up into the air. He landed up side down. After we stopped his car exploded into a giant flame that reached about thirty feet in the air.
The fire trucks arrived short after. They put out the blaze in about ten minutes. The terrorist was killed. The president was safe. America is still alive.
© Copyright 2007 T-man (hokeeekrazy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1344868-The-Saver-or-the-Saved