*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339665-The-Mysterious-Murderer
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1339665
A group of teenagers are killed off one by one by a mysterious killer.
Jackie sighed with relief as school was finally over and the weekend had finally arrived. It had felt like the longest week ever and Jackie was just grateful to finally be having a couple days of rest. The wind blew gently across her pale face and through her soft brown hair, as she made her way through the woods. Trees loomed over her as if they were watching her. The leaves on the ground, flattened when she walked across them with her shoes. She began to feel uneasy when she heard footsteps coming from behind her. Jackie began to walk faster when she heard the footsteps getting closer. The footsteps stopped. A confused Jackie, carefully turned her head round to see who was behind her. Nobody. Jackie frowned before carrying on walking, feeling worried yet stupid at the same time. She kept walking, wanting to hurry up and get home. A bird sprang from a tree it was perched on as a black, hooded, coated figure ambushed from behind the trees. Before she could do anything, the figure had grabbed Jackie. She screamed as the figure revealed a razor-sharp knife from it's sleeve. Desperately, she screamed louder, trying to escape from her mysterious captor's grasp. With all of her might, she tried to pull herself away, but the figure was too strong for her. Jackie instantly stopped trying all of her efforts as the knife was deeply stabbed in her heart. The pain was undescribable for Jackie, as she fell to ground, dead. Her blood leaked along the ground in a long trail, appearing to be never-ending. The figure picked up the bloody, lifeless corpse of Jackie and dissapeared within the trees, as if nothing had happened.

Time past, with the sun setting and the moon rising. Nightfall had struck and Jackie's parents were still unknown about where their daughter was. Not to mention, what had happened to her. Ryan was residing at home with his sister Erin and his two friends, Matthew and Paige. His parents were out on a dinner date and Erin was somewhat babysitting her little brother and his friends. "Man, I'm completely winning you," Matthew exclaimed while rapidly pressing the buttons on the Playstation 2 controller, "It's like your not even trying."
"I'm trying, it's just that your better than me," Ryan murmured.
"Really? Is that so?"
"I guess," Ryan murmured once more as he shrugged his shoulders.
"Video games are so over-rated. Your losing a lot of brain cells playing those stupid things," Erin pointed out as she flicked through the pages in a magazine.
The kitchen door opened, as Paige came through carrying a big bowl of popcorn. "Popcorn's ready," she said as she sat down on the sofa next to Ryan and Matthew.

"I'm going to the bathroom, I don't know how much more of this I can take," Erin moaned as she forced herself out of the comfy chair she was sitting in. She made her way upstairs, still being able to hear the sounds and music from the video game. Erin groaned before finally reaching the top of the stairs. Erin was about to enter the bathroom, when she heard banging coming from her bedroom. Erin opened her bedroom door and entered. "Is somebody in here?" Erin exclaimed, as her she gazed around the room. Erin looked at her bedroom closet door. "Your losing it, girl," Erin said to herself with a laugh. The closet door burst open as the same black coated figure that murdered Jackie ambushed out of it. Erin shrieked as she tried to get out of the room, before being blocked off by the figure. It slapped her across the face. A red mark appeared on Erin's distressed face from where she had been powerfully slapped. "Who are you?" Erin frantically said. The figure slapped her again, knocking her against the bedroom window. The figure pressed her against the glass, the air from her panting steamed across the clear glass. The hooded terroriser grabbed the nearby flower-patterned curtains and tied it vastly around her neck. Erin began to struggle breathing as the curtains pressed tighter against her neck. Erin felt light headed and dizzy, before finally dying, as her head still leaned against the window.

With the loudness of the video games, Ryan, Matthew and Paige didn't hear a thing. Paige chewed her popcorn as the door bell ran. She got up and went to answer it. Paige opened the door to see Craig, Erin's boyfriend, standing in front of her. "Hey, is Erin home?" he asked with a grin.
"Yeah, she's upstairs," Paige said calmly as Craig helped himself inside. Paige closed the door and seated herself again as Craig went upstairs.
"Erin, I'm here babe," Craig shouted as he entered Erin's bedroom. Craig was both breathless and speechless as he saw Erin's strangled body leaning against the window. Sweat ran down his forehead as he couldn't believe what was looking at. A cold shiver ran down his spine as he felt a leather glove tap on his shoulder. He turned around in sheer fear to see the same killer that had killed Jackie and Erin. With a powerful lunge forward, the unknown murderer pierced his knife into a shocked Craig's stomach. The pain was unimaginable as the figure pulled the knife back out. With another powerful lunge, the knife struck back into Craig's stomach, before being pulled back out once more. Rapidly, the assailant stabbed Craig's stomach continuesly. With a final stab, Craig collapsed to the floor, revealing several wound marks where the knife had been.

"I hope Erin and Craig aren't doing anything they shouldn't be," Ryan laughed.
Paige and Matthew laughed along with him. The moonlight shone brightly as the night continued.
"Those two have been upstairs for a long time," Paige said as she pointed to the staircase.
"Leave 'em. Longer they're up there the better. Right, Ryan?" joked Matthew as he turned off the Playstation 2.
"Uh, yeah," Ryan muttered.
"Are you OK, Ryan? You seem distracted tonight," questioned a curious Paige.
"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" Ryan replied with a friendly smile.
"Do you have anymore good games we could play on?" Matthew said. It was obvious he was bored.
"Yeah, upstairs, in my room," Ryan said as he grabbed a hand full of popcorn from Paige's bowl.
"Cool," Matthew said as he ran up the stairs. Matthew felt uncomfertable as he walked past Erin's room. He hated to think what Erin and Craig were doing in there. He was surprised to not hear anything coming from the room either. As he struggled to open Ryan's bedroom door, he didn't notice a shadow that was behind him. After succeeding, he entered. He rummaged through various drawers, looking for a video game that he would like. He stopped after hearing the bedroom door creak open. It was the black, hooded, coat wearing figure from before. Matthew gasped at the sight of seeing the figure getting out a knife from his sleeve. Matthew threw various video game covers at his attacker, his face as pale as a ghost. He ran towards the window in an attempt to escape. The attacker simply picked Matthew up from the ground. "Get off me! Get off me!" he yelled. He kicked and hit the assailant in panic. Matthew's attacks seemed to have no affect on the figure. The killer threw Matthew out of the window, with the glass breaking into a thousand pieces. Matthew screamed as he fell. He hit the ground of the back garden with a loud thud.

"What was that?" Paige exclaimed as she leaped of the sofa, obviously hearing the window's glass break.
"Sounded like glass smashing," Ryan stuttered in worry.
The two stared at eachother for a moment, before running upstairs.
"Matthew? Matthew? Are you alright?" Ryan shouted as he opened Erin's room. Erin and Craig's corpses had gone.
"Matthew? Are you in here?" Paige said as she opened Ryan's bedroom door in panic.
Paige gasped as she saw the broken window. Something banged from inside a huge clothes cupboard. She ran up to it, preparing herself to open it. She screamed as the cubpoard quickly fell forward, crushing her instantly. Revealing, the coated assailant.

Ryan ran into the bedroom after hearing Paige's scream. He screamed himself after seeing Paige's body underneath the collapsed cupboard. He looked at the coated figure. It turned it's head to look at Ryan. It shook it's head. Ryan frowned at the killer. So many thoughts were running through his mind at that moment. The figure leaped at Ryan. Ryan ran out of the room and down the stairs as fast as he could. He panted as he raced to the front door. "Help! Somebody help!" he shouted at the top of his voice as he ran down the street.

The killer made it's way down the stairs and into the back garden. He picked up Matthew's corpse and carried it back upstairs. He placed it on the bed in Ryan's parent's bedroom, where all the other victims layed. The assailant looked at his victims; a stabbed Jackie, a strangled Erin, a stabbed Craig, a falled Matthew and a crushed Paige.
© Copyright 2007 BryceAngel (bryceangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339665-The-Mysterious-Murderer