*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339324-MY-HERO
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1339324
A ESSAY THAT I WROTE FOR A SCHOOL PAPER THAT WAS FROM THE HEART.
There are different things that categorizes what a hero does, it could be saving a women from a burning home, stopping a burglar from stealing, calling the police to report a crime, or simply saving a kitten from a tree. There is always some form of heroism that a person, whether old or young does everyday which gives some people the security that they were looking for. What makes a hero? A hero is a brave hearted individual or individuals that is loyal and has a noble character. Heroes consider others before they consider themselves, choosing to make rational and drastic decisions that could affect both their lives and others. They are there, to help you even when no one else is, to get you out of the trouble you were in and to comfort you. My hero does not have a shining armors suit, and a masculine figure, but is there when I need him, and I know everything is alright. Who is my hero? God.
God is my hero because he has directed my footsteps out every situation I have ever been in, and out of every trouble I’ve had to endure. When my life took a turn of no return he rescued me. When I brought myself into deep problems, where I wasn’t even thinking straight, he reordered my direction and brought from “darkness into the “light.” God brings me out of trials when I let him.
God is my hero, that knight of shining armor, my rock my shield. He’s the alpha and omega, beginning and the end of all things. The author and finisher of my faith, he is my hero that I put all my faith and trust into regardless of what’s happening around me. I know he will never leave me, nor forsake me, and is always there when I need him. God is there for me when family, and friends aren’t. God has been my daily comfort, because it’s not a day that I’m not feeling lonely, saddened or overwhelmed by something that’s going on in my life. He is that friend that sticks closer than a brother, that one friend I can talk to about all my issues. God is my comfort because knowing just who he is and him knowing all that I go through gives courage, and strength to strengthen others.
Most importantly what makes the lord my hero is that he loves and cares for me unconditionally. He loves me despite my faults and errors. He cares for me even when I don’t feel up to caring for myself, or when I don’t think no one does. He being my hero and loving me more than I love myself, his love gives me all the assurance and security I need.
Although there are many heroic characters, there a hero to someone everyday that changes and impacts lives too, just little changes, changes society. Who is my hero? God.

© Copyright 2007 jazzygirl (jazjaz17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1339324-MY-HERO