*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1335200-Letters-to-Senators
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by yaeger
Rated: · Other · Other · #1335200
for pig class!!!!!!!!!!!
The Honorable Senator Clinton
U.S Senate
Washington D.C 20515


Dear Senator Clinton:

I am a student of Shaker High School enrolled in the Participation and Government course I am concerned about the passing of the new health care bill in congress. I feel that this bill is important towards the welfare of the nations lower and middle class. I hope that you receive the override for the bills passing.

The State Children’s Health Insurance Program is a brilliant idea with enormous benefits to millions of American citizens. It should be simple to raise the money as well so Bush should have no complaints. Taking the money from an increase in tobacco taxes was ingenious idea also he should try and stop the war because the cost of thee war in a year could pay for the Health insurance program over the entire ten years. Personally I feel Bush’s priorities are wrong because, if you look at the U.S 2007 Federal Discretionary Budget it shows that only 6% of the governments budget goes to health related issues. While Bush is spending over half the budget on defense or better known as the war in Iraq which totals over 9 times higher than his costs on health. Really he should be more concerned on health issues because everyday he keeps this useless war going he is hurting the health of American soldiers and wasting money that could be used for a useful purpose. Like helping countless children receive health insurance! I just personally hope you get, the override and aren’t stuck making a pathetic compromise.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Sincerely,


Michael Murphy
© Copyright 2007 yaeger (baikal0599 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1335200-Letters-to-Senators