*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331163-Midnight-Stroll
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #1331163
His wife hates him, he never feels fear, today that will change.
Midnight strolls have to be the best kind stroll there is. The air is cool, The night bright, and sounds you can never really enjoy on your busy day. I never belived that the night was "haunted" in any way. I never suspected, despite the stories, that my road was haunted.

I simply walked, regarding frighting sounds and ignoring any fear that sometimes would strike me like a skillet. No, I just walked, breathing in the cool air, and taking in the wounderful sounds of West Raven.It was peacful and relaxing.

On Augest 17th, I was slipping on my sweat suite and walking shoes. The shoes I wore had to be the best shoes on the market, I never had back pain and never had tendonitious again.

My wife was dead asleep, lost in YaYa land with an immortal highlander who came to the future just to ravish her body, like the trashy novels she indulges herself with. Maybe if my ED was fixed, she wouldn't have to have wet dreams, or cheat on me with every guy in the nieghbourhood. I just don't want it fixed I accept that God made me this way, I wish she would too.

She said she loved me. Is this her idea of love, if so I don't like it. It has always brought me depression, has always made me cried. I mean she married me, why would she do this? all because I could make her come with foreplay? if that's all she wanted, then why does she sleep with others? I can't even look at her straight anymore. I don't see her as the same person I met seven years ago.

I stepped out the door and onto my concrete porch. I took in the smell of grass that was cut by our neighbor earlier that day. But tonight I was going to walk to save myself from my wife's snoring and to think. To think of the future, to think of the past, and the present.

The night was dark, the only light source, beside the randomly placed street lamps, would be the moon, bright and full. I never had felt fear before, never, I couldn't. I could never feel it, I had never experienced it.

The stars were everywhere tonight, they danced above me, sometimes dazzeling me and almost making me trip over my feet. The air was cool and crisp, preventing me from breaking a sweat. Crickets chirped, searching for a mate. Kind of like I did when I meet my wife. 'Cept they do not get married. They do not have to feel regret when their mate has found another.

As I reached the abondened house on the small curb I began to hear footsteps. I would look behind me and see nothing but the sound wouldn't stop. I ignored it like everything else that tried to frighten me. I wouldn't let it get to me. Nope, I'm just a simple guy minding his own business, I just want to walk.

The sound did eventually stop, and I did eventually return to a relax state. I started to drift off into thought. What if I did fix my ED, would I be able to have sex like I did "back in the day"? Why does she say "I love you" when all she does is go behind my back with the neighbourhood. She was in fact the village bicycle. That slut, all she wanted was sex. Could I not pleasure her with gifts, or complex foreplay?

I could remember her in her prime. The way she smelled, the way she walked, talked, laughed, smiled. I fell in love with the video she sent me over the dateing site. I fell in love with her when I meet her.I remembered our first time, it was on the first date, I should've known right then and there.

"I have ED." I said as she took her clothes off, bit by bit.

"That's okay. More pleasure for me." she answered.

She lied then like she does now. My mother always said, "Don't take regret in. God made you this way. God made you this way for a reason, you just have to find it." I question her philosophy even now. Women didn't want an all time limp man. They wanted a guy who was "packing", I was the exact opposite.

I could feel the depression settle in. I couldn't help it, I promised I would never fell that way again, or he would come back. I didn't want to see his rotting flesh again, I didn't need him to tell me that all I had to do was die, die for him and he could revive me. His name is Regret, or Hate. He can make things better, or so he told me when i was little. I gave him the names Regret and Hate by what he would always tell me, "... all you have to do is accept regret and hate..."

I heard scurrying in the bushes next to me. I jumped out of surprise, not fear. Well that's what I say, if the truth be told, I was extremely afraid. I couldn't help wonder what it was. So many things went through my head, dog, monkey, shark. Well the monkey and shark were of something else, but that isn't important.

I closed my eyes and began to speed up, chanting a prayer "Please God, protect me from what may harm me, and from all evil."

"God is not here, God has aboanded you." A voice screamed in my ears.

"Please God, protect me from what may harm me, and from all evil." I repeated.

"Face it, he has left, you are here to suffer, let me make it better." The voice continued.

"NO!" I screamed and opened my eyes.

Before I knew it I was standing in the light, a bright street lamp, one that almost made me sweat. I looked around, nothing but darkness, 360 degrees all around me. A dog, a simple white mutt limped into the light. A paw was missing on his left front leg, blood pouring out by the white mailbox.

When it regonized me, it pinned its ears back, tucked its tail between its legs and limped away back from where it came. I had to help it, it was injured, it was hurt. I rushed for the shadows, praying that I could reach it before it was gone for good. The moment I reached the brim of light, dogs heads poured into the the light. They barked franticly, trying to keep me away. I walked back, slipped in the dogs blood and fell straight on to my back.

A man had shown up, standing over my body, smiling, Then he placed a could rotting hand on my chest. Blakness meet my eyes. "Who are you?" I asked with fear logged in my chest.

"I am what will help you." He answered, "But to do so I need you to accept regret, and hate, for God as abondened you and left you for the dogs. I need you to die for me, Kevin. I need you to die."


I don't remember anything after that, only that I felt fear. I remember hearing my heartbeat, my wife's muffled scream. But now thats the only sense I can use. Because all I can see is darkness.

© Copyright 2007 Ian Moreau (moatsiana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1331163-Midnight-Stroll