*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329971-Its-his-loss-and-her-gain
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1329971
A young woman has a crasy night that ends with her having a new chance at love
“Excuse me” a young man pause’s for a slight second to catch up with a young lady who‘s about to walk out the front door of a college campus. “I know that you do not know who I am but I’ve seen you around here lately and I’ve noticed you had a man, so I just kept quiet”. “But over time i’ve seen the way he’s treated u and I just want you to know that u are to kind and beautiful to allow yourself to endure that kind of pain“. The young lady thinks to herself for a few moments and asks “ what do u want?“ And tells him “I’m taken and if my boyfriend finds out it’s going to be trouble for both of us” And then the young man replies to the young lady. “U may not like, nor want to hear what I am saying to u but it’s real and I do want a chance to get to know u”. “And if u choose walk away from me now or give me a chance I still feel that u deserve the best in love, life, and in whatever u choose to do”. Before she can answers him he tells her “don’t even make that decision right now” and slips a party flyer in her book with his name and number on the back of it and leaves.

The young woman walks out to the curb and waits for her boyfriend to pick her up, and while she waits she looks at the flyer and reads it. Then she turns it over and looks at his name which happens to be Marcel and then glances over the phone number he gave she thinks to herself wondering if she should rip it up, but decides she’ll just slip it back in her book for now. While she’s waiting her boyfriend is out with another young woman and drops her off at an apartment building and they kiss before she exit’s his car. The young woman is still waiting at the curb impatient and calls her boyfriend up on her cell phone but he just looks at his phone and ignores her call. Then he remembers that he had to pick her up right after and rushes to get her. When he arrives he gives her a lame excuse that he had to run his grandma a few places and his battery on his phone was low so he turned it off. She feels bad for getting upset and asks if he wants to go out with her that night and he tells her he has to work and she feels a little bit let down because it’s been a long time since they spent quality time with one another.

Later that night the young woman gets dressed to go out with a few college friends and at the last minute they decide they are not going and she’s fully dressed and doesn’t want to be at home alone. She looks at the flyer the young man by the name of Marcel gave her and notices it’s just a few blocks away so she walks there all alone. When she arrives it is packed and she thinks she wouldn't make it in and Marcel spots her and makes his way to her and takes her to a private area where his friends are. When she gets the chance to sit down with him she apologizes for her attitude and he tells her it’s cool and that she’s going to have fun tonight. She tells him “I know your name but u don’t know mine” and he tells her he knows people call her kiki and she says “that’s true” but tells him her real name it katyra and she tells him “but u can just call me kiki“. He offers her something to drink and they have a few drinks and party having a lot of fun and she is introduced to all of his friends and they all get along just fine.

After the party is over everyone hangs out outside talking and the young woman see’s her boyfriend with another woman in his car parked across the street. She watches them making out and she tells Marcel she’ll be right back and he has no clue what is about to happen. Kiki walks up to her boyfriend’s car and knocks on his window and he’s shocked to see her and he gets out the car while the other woman gets out to leave. Kiki tries to grab her but her boyfriend stops her grabbing her and she tells him to let her go and he tries to get her to listen to him. Marcel and his friends hurry over to kiki and she tells them she’s okay and her boyfriend lets her go. She tells her boyfriend “just go and be with her” and he says “I'm sorry” and she says “was this work huh?“ “U said u couldn’t spend time with me because of her” and she tells him “it’s over I hate u” and he gets into his car mad and then speeds off.

Marcel looks at kiki seeing that she is hurt by the look on her face and he tells his friends he’s going to spend time with her and he will see them later. They say it’s cool and he gets her to ride with him to get her mind off of what just happened. They ride and begin to talk and she’s upset but Marcel assures her everything will be okay. They decide to go out to eat and afterwards they go out to a lakefront and walk around until the day light comes. Marcel takes her home and walks her to her door and before she walks in she thanks him for the great night she had besides the drama and kisses him on his lips. He asks “can I see u again” and she smile’s and replies “yes, I would love to see u again” then she tells him “I’ve got to tie some loose ends today but I’ll be free tomorrow so come by tomorrow at anytime don’t be a stranger”. He replies “so it’s a second date right” and she laughs “yes a second date” and he kisses her this time and she tells him “don’t forget about me” and he tells her “I couldn’t ever do that” as he leaves.

Kiki takes time to clear her mind and packs up everything that is her ex’s and calls him over to get his stuff. He tries to sweet talk her but she’s not interested and she pushes him out her front door along with his things telling him it’s time for him to go. He stops for a moment in anger and tells her “you wanna leave me go ahead, I got many others just like you and better”. She laughs at him shaking her head “I’m glad I caught u doing wrong when I did” “because if I didn’t I would have missed out on a good man, something you can’t ever come close to being”. “And besides all of those women still don’t add up to me and u will never find another like me because I am too good for u” he replies “what?” And she says “you know what just get out my face, get off my porch, and stay out of my life” “see ya” and she slams the door in his face. He bangs on it for her to let him in saying he’s sorry and he’ll never mess up again she ignores him until he finally leaves realizing he’s lost her for good.
© Copyright 2007 claire-love (cyntam23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329971-Its-his-loss-and-her-gain