*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325119-From-The-Journal-Of-Scott-Davidson
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Drama · #1325119
a reading form his journal
7/01/2012
Last night I had a dream that left me feeling a little uneasy. In this dream I am wondering around in the dark looking for something or someone.

7/04/2012
I had the dream again only this time there was a light in the distance. It seems the faster I ran toward it the farther it got, and their was something else, elusive like I’m being fallowed.

7/05/2012
The light is getting closer now. I was able to see well enough to make out the wall. Suddenly I tripped on something and stumbled. I quickly caught myself on the wall. It felt wrong, it was wet and sticky.

7/06/2012
I’m almost positive now that I’m being followed. They seem to be coming from everywhere, just like the light, which also seems wrong.

7/08/2012
I hate this dream I haven't had a good sleep since it started. It is starting to affect my work. Maybe I should see a doctor.

7/09/2012
That damn dream again! I don’t think I can take much more of this.

7/10/2012
There is now no denying what is all over the walls nor what is at my feet. It is blood and human remains.

7/11/2012
I can almost swear I heard a child crying in the distance, but I can't quite make out where the hell it is coming from.

7/13/2012
It is my belief that these dreams are starting to make me hallucinate. When I awoke I could still hear the child, and there was an unpleasant odor about the room.

7/17/2012
I must be loosing my mined its these damn dreams!! All day I’ve felt as though I'm being fallowed. I swear I can still hear the screaming.

7/18/2012
I've seen what is chasing me. Monsters or demons I can not say. They come in various sizes and shapes. Some can fly others can not. They fallow and watch me but never attack. I'm certain I'm getting closer to the crying.

7/19/2012
I was awakened from the dream by screaming last night. At first I thought it was only the dream but as I awoke the screaming did not fade, and neither did the smell. I now know what it is. It is the smell of decay. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness there was a strange glow coming from the inside of my closet. Thinking I was still hallucinating. I opened it and was suddenly pulled into my nightmare. I was running down the hall ankle deep in decay chasing after the horrified voice. Suddenly I found him. He was chained to the wall and sitting in that horrid stuff. For some reason I felt my shirt pocket, in it was the key I carried for luck. I unlocked the chains and lifted up the boy. I ran back to the door holding him.  We where being pursued buy the creatures. When I leapt through the door all was gone including the boy.

7/24/2012
The dreams have ended, and I now live my life with out fear. I now do things would have never attempted before. How strange.

7/25/2012
As I lay in bed drifting to sleep I finely realized who the boy was. How strange I did not see it before.



© Copyright 2007 phenix stormcloud (phenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1325119-From-The-Journal-Of-Scott-Davidson