*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1324839-Academy-of-Magick
by Earth
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Supernatural · #1324839
you will see and feel what magic can really do for you.
Chapter One

I was on my way downstairs and mom said, “It’s time to eat.”

“Ok, mom.” I walked over to the table and sat down, we were eating ham and broccoli casserole. While we were in the middle of eating, the front door swung opened. It was raining and thundering when a shadow walked in. I didn't know who it was, so the figure came in a little closer and that was when I realized it was dad.

Dad said, “Sorry I’m late.”

Mom said, “That’s fine, dinner is still warm.”

“Ok, thank you honey.” He finally took his raincoat off and put it on the coat stand.

Then dad said, "How was everyone's day?"

Mom beat me to it and said, "Good."

Then mom looked at me and it was my turn to speak, so I said, "Mine was okay."

Then dad joined us and said, "this looks good."

"Thank you, but your daughter made it all by herself."

"I bet your learning alot from this, aren't you."

"Yeah, I have to bring it to school tomorrow."

"Why?"

"My teacher told me to bring a meal to class and I chose this casserole."

"Sounds reasonable." I smiled and we finished dinner on time.

We heard knocking on the front door and mom said, "Who is it?"

"Message for a Jessica Jones." I told mom that I would get the door, when I opened the door, there was a big bulky man handing me a letter from a Academy of Magick school. So I took the letter and gave it to dad, then he tore open the envelope and read on.

A few minutes later he said, “She’s not ready.”

“Yes, sir, I will tell Mr. Queenrych.”

“Thank you, tell the old man I said hi.”

“Of course.” Then the bulky man closed the door and walked to the nearest corner then a bus arrived to pick him up. Then the man got on the bus and it vanished.

Then daddy turned around and said, “I don’t want you to go to this school.”

“Why not.”

“There’s something I need to tell you.”

“What is it, daddy?”

“Just promise me, you won’t get mad.”

“I promise.” I crossed my heart and listened.

“Princess, do you believe in Magick?”

“You mean like, magic tricks.”

“No, sweetie, I mean real Magick, the kind that you use your powers and special gifts.”

“What kind of special gifts?”

“The kind that you were born with.”

“Cool, like what?”

“Try to pick up that book, without using your hands.”

“But daddy, how do I do that.”

“Here, let me show you.”

He showed the palm of his hands towards the ceiling and started lifting his hand as the book lifts up too, then he turns his hand around and pushed the book back on the bookshelf.

“That’s cool, daddy.”
© Copyright 2007 Earth (earthwitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1324839-Academy-of-Magick