*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319547-A-Day-to-Remember
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1319547
First part of my short story. Next part goes into another character named Isabella.
Rough Draft 1
Dominique Pettiford

Adriana De Luca

It was 8:15 on Tuesday morning September 11th, 2001. I had just dropped the kids off at school and was about to head down to my job at NYU Medical hospital. I tuned in to Hot 97 every morning, so this morning was no different, or so I thought. As I turned on the radio all I could hear was; “This is one of the worst disasters in United States history. What I heard next was something that I never expected.
Booming over the radio was Angie Martinez “The World Trade Center have been hit by one building and God knows how many people are inside.” As soon as I heard that I felt Goosebumps rise on my arm, like the sun on a warm spring morning. I was surprised that I hadn’t turned on the radio before I dropped the kids off or I would of hear about it sooner. I called the children’s school just to see if they had heard about what happened, the secretary said that they had and since the school wasn’t close to the WTCs their learning that day wouldn’t be affected by what happened and would still get out of school at the same time. The only difference would be that they would allow them to watch the news because many children claimed to know people who worked in those buildings. My children after all, did have two family members that we were close to who worked there.
I knew since I worked only a 15 to 20 minutes drive from the towers that the hospital that I worked at would be absolute mayhem. I continued to listen to the radio and by the time I got work I heard that they had already had Police Departments from other states headed to help out the NYPD because there was so much chaos. I prayed to God that he’d keep as many people safe as possible and helped everyone get threw what ever it was that they were already going through. Adriana Marie De Luca is my name, and I am a Neurosurgeon at NYU Medical Hospital and this is MY story.
© Copyright 2007 Dommied330@aol.com (dommied30 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1319547-A-Day-to-Remember