*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1317535-The-Dog-And-The-Cat--By-Katlyn-Miller
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1317535
A short story about a verbal fight between a dog and a cat.

                                          THE DOG AND THE CAT

                                                BY: Katlyn Miller


                One late September night, a dog and a cat were fighting over the last piece of the dogs' birthday cake.

                  "I think that piece should be mine!" the dog exclaimed.
                  "Why is that?" yelled the cat.
                  "Because it's my birthday cake!" the dog yelled back.
                  "Well, maybe we should separate!" the cat said.
                  "Fine, we will!" the dog answered.

                  Before they had a chance to stalk off, their owner, Maggie, made them stop and think about the problem.
                 
                  "Now you guys think about what you're doing," Maggie said."If you still want to separate in the morning, then separate."
                 
                  That night Dog thought about what Maggie had said. He loved Cat, but she hated him.He didn't know what to do.
                  Then he had an idea. He would go to his brother for help. Dog and his brother were very different, but they had a lot of things in common, too. Dog went down to his brothers' house.

                  "Come on in," said his brother.
                  Dog walked in and asked, "Brother, can you help me? Cat and I got into a fight."
                  "Wait, let me check this message." Brother Dog answered.
                  "Anyway," Dog said, ignoring his brother,"What should I do?"
                  "Just tell cat you're sorry and that you love her." Brother Dog answered.
                  "Sounds easy enough!" said Dog.
                  All of the sudden Dog heard a noise."Ding!"
                  "What was that?" he asked.
                  "I made a pie," Brother Dog said.
                 
                  As soon as the pie was out of the oven, Dog grabbed it out of his brother's paws and ran out the door. Brother Dog looked out the door with a perplexed expression.

                  when dog ran into his house, he said, "Cat! I got you something."
                  Cat came out of his room and said "What?"
                  "Here, for you," Dog said, handing her the pie.
                  "Wow," cat gratefully exclaimed."Thanks!"
                  "You're welcome." Dog told her.
                  "But what are we going to do with the last piece of your birthday cake?" Cat asked.
                  "We'll give it to Maggie," Dog said.


                                                      THE END
© Copyright 2007 Katlyn Miller and Dustin Beck (dustinkatlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1317535-The-Dog-And-The-Cat--By-Katlyn-Miller