*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1314781-eternam
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1314781
short story
david was always on the outside looking in,as a boy he would learn to accept the world for what it was. whilst others would  go through there infancy beleiving lies and tales ,he would look beyond the storys and see the harsh reality.for such a young boy his mind was so mature and complex , but this "talent" was ignored as it was deemed wrong even unhealthy for his age.the home he grew up in wasnt a place of upset and anger neither was it a place of love or affection,it was a cliche situation nothing out of the ordinary certainly not a boken home. nobody ever really noticed him ,even going in to adulthood david was still the outcast quitely keeping himself to himself which he had begun to find fairly easy after so many years of neglect. evey now and then he would create his own place inside his head ,probably to escape from the reality which as a boy he was so far ahead of but had finally caught him up. these places would become deeper every visit more objects would appear each time he entered the imaginay world, he had even given it a name "eternam". eternam belonged to david but the level of realism became an addiction, it had infested his mind and eventually he was lost. dont for one second think eternam was real it was a false creation, but for somebody who had been so forgotten in the real world it was all he had left. everytime he would close his eyes and wait ,evetually as if somebody would flick a switch inside his head he was there ...david smashed down on the dusty path looked up and saw the words welcome to eternam etched into a bilboard and he knew this is where he belonged, he would pick himself up and begin to stagger.
© Copyright 2007 eternam (eternam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1314781-eternam