*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1304141-The-Snow-Frosted-Ground
by G.B.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Adult · #1304141
I wrote this 3 years ago when i had a drug problem doing meth.
The Snow Frosted Ground


On a shelf lies a little glass bowl with a snow frosted ground. You shake it and it begins to snow once more. The children have come out to play, building snow men and making snow angels up on the ground. As their parents watch up their doorsteps and arms around each other, the last snow flake falls from the sky. Everyone stops what their doing and gaze up at the last snow flake as it falls down onto the ground. A single tear falls from every eye around, while silence has filled the air from miles around. They all turn around and go back in their homes, with heads held low and their smiles up side down. Now the children are at the window, hands pressed against the glass, they gaze up on the horizon as the sun begins to rise. Now every family is huddled together on their living room floors with their arms around each other as tears begin to flow from everyone’s eyes; for they are awaiting to meet their fate. The sun begins to rises and screams of terror flow from everyone’s mouth. The frosted ground begins to melt making streams of puddles all around the town in the little glass bowl. . The sun begins to heat up making the ground so hot that the puddles begin to boil. The boiling puddles combined to make a river going through the town melting every thing in its path. The screams of pain and agony fill the air, as everyone’s flesh and bones begin to melt into the boiling river of death. Smoke fills the air from the steam of the river and the burned melted flesh of everyone’s bodies. Suddenly a gust of wind comes blowing through the town and blows the smoke out of the little glass bowl. The sun blows away and the river becomes dry, leaving behind the blackend burned flesh welded into the ground. You inhale as the smoke comes out of the little glass bowl. The smoke fills your lungs and the souls of the dead begin to fill your body. You exhale filtering out the remaining souls throughout your body as they run rapid and haunt your mind. You begin to hear things and see things that aren’t really there, but you are still hypnotized by the crack in the wall. You continue to gaze at the crack in the wall, and the more you gaze, the larger it becomes until you can see the little leprecon that lives inside.
“You have three wishes and make them wisely and remember no one must know
where I hide or you must die.”
Your hands begin to shake and your mind is racing. Suddenly, you hear a knock at the door as a scream of horror comes from your mouth. You grab the tape and tape up the now shrunken crack in the wall. You yell to see who’s there, but no one answers. You yell once more and still no answer. Sweat begins to drop from your forehead and your heart begins to beat ninety miles a minute. Is this real or are you just skitzing. You head to the corner of the room and sit on the floor, the dead are haunting your mind and you don’t even know. Out of your pocket, you pull out a little glass bowl and a package filled with white snow.
© Copyright 2007 G.B. (bwmatthews at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1304141-The-Snow-Frosted-Ground