*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302911-Waiting-for-Monday
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Tragedy · #1302911
"As he watched the sunrise he felt tears in his eyes threatening to fall."
The sun was rising and a new day was beginning, it was a beautiful time of the day, the sun just coming above the horizon bathing the world in a light orange glow. Beautiful colors scattered across the sky and through the clouds.

He watched it with a frown though.

Seth had always been one for smiles, laughter, and joy. Today, he did not smile, he did not laugh, and he felt no joy. As he watched the sunrise he felt tears in his eyes threatening to fall.

You see, he stopped feeling any happiness when she did.

Katherine would make him smile even in days where he thought it impossible to smile, she brought him light whenever it was dark… she was the one he called his wife. Then it happened.

He had never trusted cars, he had always thought that they were dangerous and that if anything in the world shouldn’t be trusted, if any machine in the world should be banned from existence it was cars. He had never trusted them, but he had trusted Katherine. Before she left she said; “Don’t worry Seth; I’m just going to visit my mom. You’ll see me on Monday.â€

She then left with a kiss, a wave, and a reassuring smile. Two hours later he received a phone call from the police station. Ever since he had been sitting in front of the window drinking away his pain, waiting for Monday to come.
© Copyright 2007 Live Fast Die Never (dienever at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1302911-Waiting-for-Monday