*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292856-Story-Prologue
by Kree
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Other · #1292856
Female werewolf hired by the Government to be a preternatural bounty hunter
                                                    Prologue   

Have you ever had that dream, in which your whole life appeared as the dream and the dream was you waking up in to the real world?
I have.
I had the dream again last night. A recurring dream that I have had for most of my life…
Well with a life like mine what more could you expect?
I paced the floor, desperately praying for something to help me fall back to sleep.
  However living in a cell does tend to break sleep patterns.
No I am not in jail. That would include doing something to deserve my imprisonment.
I am in a mental institution… No I am not crazy. If I were, then this whole thing would be easier to deal with. I just had some transactional difficulties.
…I’m a Goddamn werewolf!
Okay yeah I know how that sounds… not really proving the I’m actually sane theory.
Werewolves were legalized way before I was born; however I wasn’t born a werewolf. I was bitten and, although I have always considered myself to be open minded but that didn’t stop me from having issues with my new life style… Anyways so I became a little violent. Okay, very violent and so my parents decided to put my in here until I “calmed down” … you know, most parents would just ground their kids when they ‘acted out’.  Although I don’t really know how they expected me to behave. Being turned into a werewolf at the age of fifteen can put a damper on your social life. However I suppose there actions were understandable…. Only nearly five years have past since they dumped me in hell and I am still here.
Well not for much longer. My name is Avalon and the government has just hired me as a preternatural bounty hunter.


                                                       
© Copyright 2007 Kree (vampyr_kree at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292856-Story-Prologue