*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292487-When-Mona-Lisa-melted
by Portal
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Melodrama · #1292487
Like black mascara swirling in tears...
When Mona Lisa melted…


  She sits there on the floor in her corner, crying and cursing my name. Scars upon her face as if she has been attacked by the wild cats of my world. Her mascara runs down her face in long black rivers. Her hair is matted and tangled in clumps. Her dress hangs from a boney body.
  The walls in her room allow in the tears of the sky creating damp blockades to the world that she believes hates her. Black mold grips the surface eating away the protection from her monsters outside.
  When she sees me she curses my name in spit slung screams. She stands only to drive me out flinging fists and blames to my face. She tells me I am the stray dog of the universe and that my eyes were made to bring her only money. My soul was hers to sell.
  Mother, why have you forsaken me into your pit with you? I try to blame your madness, I make an effort to call the booze a cause but your eyes, those eyes call me “unwanted”.
  Back in the room it begins to rain black rose peddles and her attention is turned to the soft velvet feel.
  “They come to me when I think of you.” She says softly through her tears and giggles.
  As if stabbed by a great hate and anger she lifts a handful of the supple dark peddles and eats them. Her tears begin to flow as her eyes fill with blood shot veins and her face twists to madness. She screams rants and obscenities in her own language unknown to me.  Running back to her corner she sits again and sobs.
Mother, why have you brought me here? Who have we become? The door to the room has disappeared and I swallow hard as she begins to talk to ghosts I do not see.
  Mother, why have you forsaken me?
  I have sat down in my own corner of the room, tears well into my eyes. The smell of this place has become too familiar. I have begun to see others here but only in flashes. She and I are the only two constants here, Mother.
Mother, where is the rain coming from? Mother… Mother? 
© Copyright 2007 Portal (floyd1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1292487-When-Mona-Lisa-melted