*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290494-The-Other-Woman
by KateD
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1290494
A very short look into a home wrecker's head and heart.
She had always frowned upon women who had an affair with married men. She had never placed the blame at the men’s door only. It had been her firm belief that women needed to stick together and look out for each other. A woman who took another woman’s man was just as bad as the man who betrayed his wife or girlfriend.
Besides, a man who betrayed his wife once was more likely to betray again so even if she got this man to break up his current relationship to be with her, how could she ever trust him? How could she ever be sure that he wouldn’t do the same thing with her? No, she would never be a home wrecker. She would never be ‘the other woman’.

That had been her firm belief, until he invited her into his home again. The home she had known very well once.
It began innocently enough with a shared bath. Of course, sharing a bath with a man that is not yours isn’t entirely innocent, but there’s no harm done really. Of course his girlfriend didn’t know of this ‘innocent’ meeting. She certainly wouldn’t have liked the idea of her man sitting in the bathtub with his ex girlfriend, drinking wine and talking. At least they didn’t share the house or she might have found them that way.
As these things go, the relaxed talk turned into soft caresses and finally a shared kiss. Their bodies recognized each other instantly. It was as if the last months of separation didn’t exist.
She waited for him to decide how the evening would go on. She would not suggest what she knew they both wanted. As if it made what she did less wrong.
He made the decision for them both.
‘I want to sleep with you tonight,’ were his soft words. He would have to deal with the consequences later as they were his problem. As if! She knew he was wrong. She knew she would have her own guilt to deal with.
Right then and there it didn’t matter though. All that mattered to her was the promise of his wonderful body against hers. All reason she listened to was the burning need between her thighs.
It was glorious as long as it lasted. They fit together so well. It was a beautiful dance to the sound of their beating hearts and burning passion.
Like all good things, their dance ended all too soon, making room in their hearts and minds for the harsh reality.
Suddenly they weren’t alone in his bed anymore. SHE was there with them, was positioning herself between them. Although they still exchanged tender touches, the distance between them grew until they knew it was time for her to leave.

She left him to his guilt and returned to her own life and her own guilt.
© Copyright 2007 KateD (kated at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1290494-The-Other-Woman