*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1289757-Silent-Vows-Chapter-8
Rated: GC · Novel · Fantasy · #1289757
Morgalanth is enraged. Naylani meets Alayfa and is transformed.
"WHERE IS SHE?!?!?!" screamed a seemingly agonized Morgalanth, as he threw a chair, that immediately shattered,  into the stone wall of his chambers deep in Neriak's core.

"I don't know, my liege.  She disappeared while we were finishing the extermination of the orcs in Steamfont", said Lina Ty'thal.  Keeping her head bowed down to show the utmost respect for the angered Dark Prince, or perhaps just trying to direct his anger somewhere other than her throat that he kept eyeing maliciously.

Morgalanth was the Prince of Darkness, the undeniable leader of the core of Neriak's undead army. He had this honor bestowed upon him when he ripped the throat out of the previous ruler...his own father.

         Lina was correct in feelings of fear just being in the Dark Prince's presence.  Morgalanth was tall for a Teir'dal, unlike the normal small stature of the race, he towered over most.  This aided him tremendously in his intimidation of others.  His long white hair decieved many about his age, he looked much older than he actually was.  A mere 400 years had he lived and ruled the gates of Neriak, but his face gave the impression of many more.  He was stunningly gorgeous, but that was almost expected of the race.  His charm had won him many battles, but only because of the deception that came with it.  Battle had aged him greatly but this did nothing to discourage the young prince from seeking all there was to be had in Norrath.  The most beautiful women, only the very best wines and foods.....  But nothing was more important to him than the return of the one thing that could destroy him. 

"That is NOT ACCEPTABLE! I want her found, I want her brought to me NOW!"

"I'm afraid there's no way of knowing what direction she went.  We've had a legion of scouts out searching the past two moon falls, my Prince."

         Morgalanth stormed at Lina, clutched his clawed hand around her throat and lifted her roughly two feet in the air before regaining his composure and lowering her to the floor. 

"I want her found.  I dont care if you have to send all of the undead army of Neriak to find her.  I want it done or it's YOU that will pay the price for defiance."

"Yes, my liege".  Lina said as she quietly bowed and took her exit.

         Morgalanth found a chair he had not destroyed, moved it next to a small writing table in the corner of the room, and picked up a small jeweled daggar.  Pricking the tip of his finger, the dark Prince's blood started to flow.  Not like human blood, his was dark...almost black.  He let it flow into the inkwell he had sitting on the table until he had enough to write a letter.  Picking up the quill that lay beside the inkwell and a piece of parchment from the stack also on the table....he began to write.....          



         "My Dark Princess--
                   
                   Its been many hours since your beauty has graced my sight.  I have sent a search party for you.  I cannot believe I let you go with the second legion to the extermination.  DAMN your love of destruction!!!  If you weren't aligned to become my wife, I would have had you thrown into the third gate and tortured for the next 100 years!"

Angered he paused, thought a moment, then continued to write.


                     "Who am I joking?  You are my one weakness, dear Nyssharr.  Your love of death and mayhem is quite unmatched in all of Norrath.  Tis why I begged my father to make you mine before I tore out his throat and became ruler of Neriak. 
         I needed one such as you by my side to ensure the survival of our race.  I do hope, my young apprentice, you return safely to me.  You have in your possession something thats quite more powerful than you could ever imagine, my love.  The locket I gave you as an engagement gift....well, I will explain more upon your return. 
         When you are found and my undead army delivers this letter to you, simply activate the locket by bending the serpents tail to the left and then the right.  This will allow you to summon me to your side.  I do miss your hatred, and will have the army bring 20 halflings for your enjoyment upon your return.  I do know how you love slaughter.  Be well, my love.

                                                                                                   Your Prince,
                                                                                                             Morgalanth"


He sat back, satisfied with his letter and called Lina to his side to retrieve it. 

"When you find her, give her this.  I must have her back.  If in any case, she happens to have perished when you do find her....bring back the locket she wore round her neck."

"Yes, Morgalanth." Lina bowed.

"Do not fail me Lina, you know as well as I there are far worse things than death", he grinned slightly at that.  The first time since Nyssharr's disappearance.

"I will not fail." Lina said sternly and clutched her scimitar tightly.  She quickly put both feet together and bowed once more before exiting, knowing her life and reputation was all dependant on finding the dark Princess.

         Exhausted, the worried Morgalanth rested once again in his chair.  He put his hand to his brow and thought of the possibility she may not return.  His dark princess.  She had been slated to become his wife since the day he laid eyes on her.  She despised him then, and that was what had inevitably drawn him to her.  Her hatred for everyone and everything.  She was tough to break, but eventually he had her.  She was promised his during the blood ritual done at the engagement party.  The ritual, he knew, would keep her faithful to him. 

         Even with all of her hatred, as long as she wore the locket she was his.  All Fier'Dal knew what the locket would do to her if she were to fornicate with another.  One kiss, and she would disintegrate...become dust and a distant memory.  Only in Neriak, could love be so grand. He felt the twinge where the dagger had pierced his flesh once more, to line the jeweled rubies of the serpent's eyes.  The blood pact.  Morgalanth smiled, and went to the slave chamber for a late night snack. Content with the death of atleast nine dwarves he then visited the harem's chamber to satisfy his insatiable lust.


         The night sky overhead was dotted with shining diamonds. Naylani, amongst other things, could not remember a night so beautiful. But fear rose in her heart. They would reach the lifts of Kelethin soon, and she knew that not even her fearless escort could save her should she be discovered. But, she trusted Maesyn. The thought of leaving Aildien’s side was enough to make her want to press on. Thoughts filled her head as Maesyn came to a stop.

“Aildien, my son, I know you have seen much tonight that is new to you. I have never used the powers I possess in your company before this night. However, in order for us to help this girl, I must fetch the services of your mother. You must keep Naylani here until I return with her. I will explain later”

“Father, she will not understand. There must be another way!”

“No, Aildien, there is not. You will understand upon our return. I will make it known to your mother that this is to be kept a secret. She will understand. It will take some getting used to, but I’m sure she will.”

         With that, Maesyn rode away. Aildien and Naylani were left to sit and await his return. Not much was said. The two sat in silence, both troubled by the upcoming events and the uncertain tone in Maesyn’s voice. Although Aildien trusted his father, he was still uncertain of letting his mother in on Naylani and her secrets. His mother was always preaching of the evil Fier’Dal. Even though Maesyn was her husband, Aildien was still uncertain of her willingness to be helpful.

         Naylani sat, consumed in her own thoughts. She was getting tired and it was growing very late. But she knew it better than to sleep. She couldn’t sleep if she wanted to. Anxiety welled up in her chest and pained her. She turned her attention to Aildien.  He sat near Blaze, but the animal instincts in him looked as if he were ready to pounce.  Keeping guard, he looked beautiful.  She trailed her gaze over his body.  A blue ring mail tunic, and brown leather leggings combined to give him an extremely dangerous appearance even while in a sitting position.  His long mahogany hair fell over his face and obscured his features from her view.  Her legs shaking, Naylani rose slowly and joined Aildien.  She reached out to touch his arm to comfort him and ease the tension in his body. 

As soon as her hand touched the hard, lean muscle of his biceps, her breath faltered.  His prone body was like coiled steal.  There wasn't a bit of a fleshy feel to him.  He was all lithe, strong power. 

Oh, my my, she thought.  Before she could stop herself, Naylani ran her hand down his arm.  The feel of it!  She let out a slow, appreciative sigh.  He was gorgeous.  His jaw was strong and defined, his cheekbones high.  His face was aristocratically boned, and he had just the tiniest hint of a cleft in his chin.  He possessed a rare masculine beauty that only a few, very lucky women ever saw in the flesh.  Better still, she couldn't take her gaze from his lips.  Full and expressive, that mouth had been made for long, hot kisses.  Naylani sighed once more.    For the first time in her life, she wanted to lift her head and kiss a man she knew very little about. 

         Had circumstances been different she could definatly see herself savoring the taste of every inch of his lean, hard body for hours on end. Her travel companion was definatly, unbelievably handsome, but she knew in her heart that they could never be together. She released her grasp on his arm and returned to the small log she had been sitting on previously.  In a little less than an hour, Maesyn and Aliayfa returned.

Naylani examined Aliayfa and vice versa. Aliayfa was much taller than Naylani, and Aildien for that matter. Her stature was different as well. She looked much more regal, almost as if she were royalty. Her hair was blonde and shone even in the night. Tied into a high ponytail, her hair hung down her back almost to her knees. Her eyes were blue and Naylani immediately knew which side of the family Aildien got his eyes. Her deep blue eyes showed her confusion, her anger and her spirit.  She smelled of roses and softness.  The woman before Naylani looked nothing like Maesyn. They were similar, but different.

“I’ll have to ask Aildien later” she thought.

         Aliayfa didn’t seem too impressed with the dark elf standing in front of her, but instead fearful. If Naylani moved in the slightest, Aliayfa would flinch. This bothered Naylani, but she said nothing.

“Aildien, the reason I needed your mother here is another secret we have not told you or your brother about. For years you have always seen your mother as a common high elf. In fact, she is a most powerful enchantress” Maesyn said matter-of-factly.

         Aliayfa nodded then spoke. “We never told you boys because we did not want you to learn the easy ways before realizing the importance of hard work.”

         Maesyn turned to Naylani. “I have informed Aliayfa of your plight. We have agreed to help you. Even house and clothe you. However, as I stated before, you must never leave our home unless we tell you to. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Maesyn” Naylani nodded in agreement.

“This will not hurt, however, you’re going to feel quite different in a moment” Maesyn informed Naylani before nodding to his wife.

         Aliayfa closed her eyes and seemed to concentrate hard for what seemed like an eternity to Naylani.

“Sai lati remu vasitda” chanted Aliayfa.

         As she did so a warming white light covered Naylani’s body. She felt faint for a moment and her skin tingled. She felt her features change…her skin became lighter, and her hair turned blonde. Aildien stared in shock as Naylani became a High Elf.  The crimson robe in her pack also transformed.  It became a sky blue, with white embroidery.  The symbol changed as well
from that of the necromancer to that of the enchanter.  Once adorned with the new sky blue garment, Naylani tucked the locket inside the dress, out of sight.  Only the gold chain was visible at the neckline of the garment.

“Only your appearance has changed Naylani, and only for a short time. Change into your robe quickly.  We must hurry before the spell weakens” Aliayfa said as she turned to her husband.

“Aye, Aildien let her ride with you. We will do best to say she is a visiting cousin from Felwithe” Maesyn commanded. “Also use the North lift. I’m sure the guards at the South lift are already becoming suspicious of all of our travels today.”

“Yes father.” Aildien agreed. “Naylani, come with me” he said as he held his hand out to her. The moment of truth was near and it scared Aildien to death.
© Copyright 2007 Irene Douglas (natashasellner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1289757-Silent-Vows-Chapter-8