*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1288856-Grannibal-Revenge-is-Best-Served-Dead
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Neil
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1288856
A corrupt buisness man and an uncaring son get thier just deserts from an unlikley place.
In a small field by a river in the small town of Bleakwater a farmer was fertilizing his recently planted crops. The thick green liquid oozed out of the fertilizing machine onto the dark earth. The type of fertilizer the farmer was using was new to the market. It advertised itself to be the “The crop growing miracle of the 21st Century”. It also made the bold claim that the use of this fertilizer would make any crop grow in half the time it normally took. Unlike many other claims made by advertising, it was found, after many different scientific tests that this claim was totally and utterly true. Of course this meant that farmers across the globe wanted to take advantage of this miracle of modern science. Within months of it being released it became the leading (and not long after that only) brand of fertilizer in the world. Of course the farmer in Bleakwater didn’t want to seem to be behind the times so he decided that he should probably try out this new and exciting product for himself. He was a little skeptical about new fangled products, as many people who live in the countryside in England are. However the promises the product made were to tempting to refuse. So the farmer went about his work, happily whistling to himself as he drove up and down his fields. His clapped out old tractor pulling the brand spanking new fertilizing machine, not knowing what he was unleashing onto the green pastures of the West Midlands.
         The river Sandwood flowed and gurgled past the farmer as he did his work. Every time the tractor came close to the bank, large globules of the fertilizer would be slung into the river making a satisfying plopping noises as they broke thought the surface. As this was happening the heavens decided to open and rain began slowly at first but then with more vigor to pound down onto the soft earth of the field. The farmer in his tractor uttered some profanities under his breath the reason for this being the roof of his tractor was far from waterproof. He pulled an old orange anorak from under his seat slung it over his head and carried on his work.
Apart from annoying the farmer the rain had another effect on the activity in the field. All of the fertilizer that had made it onto the ground was slowly washed into the river which flowed along it picturesque banks
         If you were to follow the now polluted river down stream you would see that it flowed past various different buildings and houses much like you would find in any small town. And that’s what Bleakwater was just any small town. If you looked at one part of the river bank in particular carefully then you may notice a small hose pipe coming up out of the water. Follow this small pipe and you would probably find that it led past a couple of abandoned buildings and eventually disappeared into the window of a building that looked like it should be abandoned, but by luck more than anything else was not. If by some strange chance you had been following the pipe and had then had the odd thought to put your ear up to it you may have just been able to make out a sucking noise. A fair guess would be to say that someone was pumping water out of the river for some means or another and that guess would be a correct one. Hopefully if you had been doing all this stuff you were not some sort of official who looked into the illegal use of water from local rivers. If you were the owner of the building which the pipe led into would have something to say to you which would probably have involved a large crow bar and a body bag.
         The owner of said building was not a particularly nice man, in fact he was a down right horrible little bastard of a man. Not then the sort of man any normal person would think to own an old person home. The End Of Days Home For The Elderly in Bleakwater was the worst example of a home for the elderly in the entire of the British Isles. The rooms were dirty and smelly. The carers that worked there were under trained over worked and only sporadically paid and the food if it can be called that, was putrid. The owner one Mr. Ronald Smyth Johnson used every single low down trick in the book to cut cost and raise prices. If you had not already guessed this included siphoning water from the local river to use as drinking water for the residents.
         On the same day that the mass pollution of the river in Bleakwater was occurring Mr. Ronald Smyth Johnson was expecting a new resident into the home. He was standing at the front entrance ringing his hands in pleasure. A rather large and garishly expensive looking car pulled up and a middle aged couple in poorly fitting but obviously very expensive clothes clambered out of it. From the back seat a very frail looking old woman came out. Neither one of the couple turned to help her or even looked back to see if she was ok, they both just quickly made their way quickly over to Ronald Johnson.
         “Hello delighted to see you both, Mr and Mrs urmm.”
The owner looked a piece of paper he was holding
         “Ahh Smith, and this must Betty the new intake here at End Of Days”
He held out his hand and Mr Smith shook it firmly.
         “Yes this is my mother”
His tone lowered
“Were putting her in here because my wife and I just don’t have the time to look after her what with all of our Mediterranean holidays and such like.”
He turned to his mother a smiled.
         “I see Mr. Smith, well I’m sure your Mother will find it very relaxing here.”
As Ronald Johnson said this Mrs. Smith decided to pipe up
“What I want to know is how much this bloody place will be costing us, I better not have to cancel my liposuction because of this.”
She said loudly in an annoyed manner.
Mr. Smith turned to his wife and whispered in here ear.
“Don’t you worry my little cake tin, this is the cheapest home I could find you wont have to give up anything at all.”
All of this time Betty, Mr. Smiths mother had been standing behind them looking rather bemused, until and nurse came out of the front door and led her into the home.
“I’m just going to go and get Mrs. Smith settled in to her new surroundings and make her a nice cup of tea while you sort out all of the necessary arrangements.”
Said the nurse as she ushered Mr. Smith into the building. The rest of the group followed behind with Ronald Johnson bringing up the rear smiling happily to himself and rubbing his hands together. They all wound their way around the maze of corridors in the building until they reached the overly small room that would be the place Mrs. Smith spent the rest of her days. Mr. Smith and Ronald Johnson talked over the final details of the deal, and the nurse brought Mrs. Smith a not so nice cup of tea, which she sipped quietly as the entire of her life was organized in front of her eyes.
         Suddenly something strange started to happen, Mrs. Smith froze in mid tea slurp her eyes glazed over and she started to make a strange whining stuttering noise. If you were able to see inside Mrs. Smith’s stomach at this moment you would have seen something very odd taking place. You would see the tea inside of her start to expand rapidly and seep into the lining of her stomach. You would see it cover every inch of her insides and slowly take over the whole of her body every organ and every bone was soon covered in thick brown liquid. Even if her son was able to see this strange sight he would not have paid any attention to it because he was still in deep discussion with Ronald about the price of food in the home.
“Couldn’t she only have two meals a day instead of three that would bring the cost down”?
Piped in Mr. Smiths wife who was urgent to get things wrapped up so she could get to her appointment at the beauty parlor.
“I’m afraid that would not be allowed Mrs. Smith our high standards would not let us to deprive one of our residents of food it would not be right.”
Just as Ronald Johnson said the word right Mr. Smiths mother leapt up from the bed she was sitting on and threw herself at her son. She made a beeline for his neck and sunk her teeth in ripping at his flesh with an animal like fervor.
         “Aggghhhhh”
Screamed Mrs. Smith as she watched her husband being brutally murdered by his own mother in the most appalling fashion. When the old lady had finished with her son she turn round to face the others in the room. Mr Smith’s corpse dropped to the ground with a thud spraying blood from various wounds all over the room and the people within it. Mrs. Smith senior took a step towards the people in the room, and they all took a step back.
         “I think this may be a good time for us to run.”
Said Ronald Johnson and he didn’t wait for anyone to agree with him before he put the plan into action. The others joined him shortly and Mrs. Smith senior moaning and foaming at the mouth followed them all.
Everyone headed out of the small room and stumbled there way down the corridor. Ronald Johnson tried to push his way to the front of the group but was hindered by the narrowness of the corridor and fell to the ground accompanied by a bone crunching snap from his right leg.
         No one bothered to stop to help him up and soon Mrs. Smith senior was upon him. The enraged creature picked up Ronald extremely easily and lifted him above her head. All the others heard was the an extremely loud crack and when the turned to look what was happing Ronald Johnson was in two separate pieces and his internal organs were spilling down over the creature that only a few moments earlier was a harmless sweet old lady.
© Copyright 2007 Neil (neil1982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1288856-Grannibal-Revenge-is-Best-Served-Dead