*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1288785-Serotonin---Prologue
Rated: 18+ · Other · Drama · #1288785
The beginning of the story of Rikter Caine and his family.
Prologue

"I can't believe I just did this..."


Victor Shane laid in his bed at four in the morning. At eighteen years old he was practically covered in blood, bruises and cuts all over his body, he had a black eye and blood coming out of his nose. Victor had a smile on his face but quickly sat up in bed in a panic, he began coughing up blood into his hand for a few seconds, but then stopped. Victor looked at his hand and then turned with his legs hanging over, he once again began smiling as he began talking to himself.

"I can't believe I just did this...all of this time, all of the torture they put me through, and now it's over,it's finally over..."

Victor laid back in his bed and looked across his room, spread out on the floor were a few body parts, including the severed head of an older woman.

"Goodnight mom...goodnight dad", Victor said as he fell into a blissful sleep.

The next morning...

Victor woke up at eight fifteen that day to a loud pounding on the door, forgetting what he had done the night before he walked across his room half awake and walked into his bathroom, when he turned on the light and looked into the mirror he had finally realized what he had done. There was writing on the mirror as Victor smiled.

"This is who I am now, this is my true arrival, this is my true birth."

On the mirror it read, "On September 16th, 2009 I killed my parents, Those wretched bastards who birthed me and gave me this terrible name are now dead. No longer will I go by the name of Victor Shane, my name...my true name is now simply Rikter".

Hand prints were on the mirror as well, as sort of a signature to the morbid note. Rikter cleaned himself off quickly and ran downstairs which was untouched of the horror a floor above. The pounding on the door was still going on and Rikter quickly opened it up to see his childhood friend, Lawrence at the door.

"Dude, what took so long? I've been knocking for an hour, we gotta get to the party early so we can help set up".

Lawrence was a very big guy, on the verge of morbid obesity. He was a bit of a pothead, but mostly a moron, Rikter and Lawrence had met in the third grade when they realized they shared an interest in torturing and killing small animals, even thought they eventually grew out of that phase, they both remained friends, even dropping out of high school at the same time.

Rikter stood at the doorway with a confused look on his face, he didn't say much and also had somewhat of a glare as he stared at Lawrence.

"Vic...remember? Sasha's party? She said she wanted us to be there before noon so we could help her set things up and clean a little bit", Lawrence said, he was about to step into the house when Rikter pushed him back and stepped outside, closing the door behind him.

Rikter:Yeah, I remember. Sorry Lawrence, I just woke up.
Lawrence: It's cool dude, but lets go, we don't wanna be late.

Rikter and Lawrence got into Rikter's car, and 85' Le Baron. As they were in their car, Rikter was in deep thought, Lawrence had noticed it as Rikter was usually talkative. Lawrence looked over to his friend and began to speak to him.

Lawrence: Victor, are you all right? something seems wrong with you, dude.

Rikter looks over to his friend and smiles, he then reaches into Lawrence's shirt pocket and pulls out a pack of cigarettes. He pushes in the cigarette lighter in the car, puts a cigarette in his mouth and lights it

Lawrence Vic-

Before Lawrence can finish his sentence, Rikter flicks the cigarette in his face and hits the breaks on the car. They come to a screeching stop in the middle of an intersection, inside the car. Rikter lunges at Lawrence and begins elbowing him in the face

Rikter: That..isn't..my..fucking name!

Rikter slams Lawrence's head into the dashboard and drives through the mess of cars in the middle of the intersection. Lawrence is holding his face and cowering, despite the size difference between him and Rikter. Rikter keeps staring at the road and his beaten friend, who is bleeding from various spots on his head and face

Rikter: That isn't my name....My name isn't Victor anymore, THOSE BASTARDS! those MOTHERFUCKING bastards...gave me that name!

Lawrence recovered a bit from his beating, but was still cowering, he then spoke up in a fast and loud tone

Lawrence: all right man, but what the fuck do I call you that won't get my ass kicked!?

Rikter looks over at his friend while breathing heavily, and with a wild-eyed smile on his face he finally tells his friend the story of what happened

Rikter: Lawrence, I'm gonna tell you something, but you have to promise me you won't tell anybody.

Lawrence, okay, dude...you know you can trust me...

Rikter: Okay...

Rikter then tells Lawrence what happened, about how his dad came home drunk again and began beating on Rikter with a table leg for dropping out of high school, and how Rikter stabbed his dad in the neck with a steak knife, killing him within minutes, and how when his mom came home, and threatened to call the cops, how he got a butcher knife and chopped her head off, then her arms and legs, then about the message he left on the mirror.

Lawrence:...dude.

Rikter: I had to do it, Lawrence...you know all the crap they did to me, about hoe they forced me to sleep in glass and nails when I was younger, and how they pretty much beat me with whatever was nearby whenever they felt like it, even with knives and forks. How they used to hang me from my legs by that tree in my backyard and my bastard of a dad would treat me like a human punching bag! those fucking drunks deserve exactly what happened to them...just like your parents do...those fucking perverts!

Lawrence: Vic...I mean Rikter, you can't be serious.

Rikter: You told me how your sick parents let your uncle molest you when you were five, they let that bastard get away with it...they even filmed it Lawrence! Now you have a sister...a 9 year old sister who is trapped in that house right now, who knows what those motherfuckers are subjecting her to!

Lawrence: Rikter, you don't understand, they don't do that anymore, what happened with me was a mistake!

Rikter: You think so? lets find out...

Before Lawrence realizes it, the car comes to a screeching halt in front of his house, a one story house in the middle-class section of town, it looked peaceful, that is until Rikter walked out of his car and walked up to the house, slowly opening the door. The second he walked in, he could hear crying and two men talking upstairs. Rikter got a menacing glare across his face and walked into the living room. Sure enough, in a dresser right by the stairs, in the second drawer down, was a Jericho 941 F semi-automatic pistol. Rikter picked it up, but then looked in the drawer again for something that really caught his eye. A large knife, used for decoration in a casing entitled "Dragon Blade 2015".

Rikter pulled the knife out of the drawer and was about to walk upstairs, when he looked back in the drawer and realized that there was a silencer deeper in there. Rikter attached the silencer onto the pistol and hoped that it had bullets in it. Slowly, Rikter began walking up the stairs, but the front door opened behind him, Rikter paused, thinking he had been caught.

Lawrence: give me the gun, Rikter.

Rikter looks behind him as Lawrence begins walking towards him. Rikter grips the knife tightly, thinking his friend had betrayed him, but the second Lawrence looks upstairs with an expression full of hatred on his face, Rikter knows that his friend can be trusted. Rikter then hands Lawrence the gun, and immediately Lawrence unloads the clip. Lawrence looks up to Rikter and nods as they both walk upstairs slowly.

Once they both make it upstairs, they walk to the nearest door, and Lawrence, using his big size kicks the door open. Right in front of them are Lawrence's Dad, Mom and Uncle. His mom is on the bed with a little girl who is crying, Lawrence's sister, Prisilla.

Lawrence's Dad: Lawrence...what are you...

Before Lawrence's father can go any further, Rikter comes running from behind Lawrence screaming. With knife in hand, Rikter lunges at Lawrence's dad, stabbing him in his genitals. Lawrence's uncle tries to run at Rikter, but get's shot in the back of his head for his trouble. Rikter had quickly put his mouth over RIkter's dad's mouth so nobody could hear him scream. Lawrence's mom was looking visibly upset, almost disappointed at her son. Rikter is going crazy on Lawrence's dad, stabbing him maliciously in the mid-section as Lawrence's mom walks up to him and slaps him in the face, causing the scene of chaos to stop, even a near silence to fall onto the room with the exception of Prisilla's crying.

Lawrence's Mom: Lawrence! I can't believe you! Don't you get it, we're doing this for your sister! You've always been a no good punk!

Rikter looks over to Lawrence and smiles as if he was giving him a signal. Lawrence simply nods and aims the gun at his mom's head, but this time, Lawrence begins to cry.

Lawrence: I can't do it...she's my mom Victor...she's my mom.

Rikter: That isn't my name Lawrence...

Lawrence: I don't care! Victor, or Rikter, or whatever the hell your name is! I'm not killing my mom!

Rikter: Oh hell...fine then.

Rikter gets up from sitting on the bloody mess that was Lawrence's dad and walks over to Lawrence, who is still pointing the gun at his mom's head. Rikter ducks under lawrence's arm, grabs then gun from his friends hand, punches Lawrence's mom in the stomach, then shoots Lawrence's mom in the face two times, finally handing the gun back to his friend.

Rikter:There...now was that really THAT hard?

Rikter then looks over to Prisilla as Lawrence kneels down, thinking about what had just happened. Rikter, who still had the knife in his hand, drops it and slowly walks over to Prisilla, kneeling at the edge of the bed and leaning over it, crossing his arms and putting his head down.

Rikter: It's ok now, they won't hurt you anymore...come here...Poe.

Prisilla is scared at first, but Rikter gets on the bed and crawls over to her, he kneels in front of her and wipes the blood off of his shirt

Rikter: I won't hurt you Poe...not my little sister.

Prisilla, still scared begins to talk.

Prisilla: W-Why do you keep calling me that, Victor?

Rikter smiles and reaches over to Prisilla, brushing her long, brown hair away from her face, he then begins talking in a calming tone.

Rikter: Because, Prisilla is the name those people gave you, the people that hurt you...you don't want the name they gave you, do you? After all, Prisilla is a much prettier name, don't you think?

Poe:Y-yeah...you're right...you won't hurt me, will you?

Rikter: I promise, Poe, nobody will hurt my little sister again, pinkie promise.

Rikter extends his hand to her with his pinkie out, and Poe does the same thing, ending in a pinkie handshake. Rikter then picks up Poe and they both get off of the bed, he puts her down by Lawrence who is crying a bit.

Rikter: L, take Poe downstairs and you two get washed up. Look for more bullets for that gun too...oh yeah, one more thing. Poe, wait right here, sister.

Rikter walks over and picks up the knife that he had dropped and walks over to Poe, he kneels down and hands it to her.

Rikter: Remember, if ANYBODY tries to hurt you, stab them with this and they will go away.

Rikter stands up and picks L up to his feet at the same time.

Rikter:Oh yeah, how could I forget!

Rikter takes Poe by the hand and dips it in the blood that has been dripping out of her moms head, he takes his hand and presses it against the rug where most of the blood is. Poe, taking notice, does the same thing. They both walk over to a wall in the room and Rikter presses his hand against the wall, followed by Poe who does the same thing. They both turn around and look at Lawrence, who at first looks puzzled, but then walks over to his dad, closes his eyes tightly and puts his hand in the area where his dad's stomach used to be, he then walks over and puts his hand print right by Poe's.

Rikter: Okay, now go get cleaned up, I have work to do.

L and Poe leave the room and go downstairs, but Rikter puts his hand in some more of Lawrence's mom's blood and begins writing on the wall where the hand prints are, it takes awhile, but finally Rikter finishes, leaving a message.

"On September 17th, 2009, three pedophiles in the forms of L and Poe's parents were thankfully murdered at the hands of a family...a real family, today will forever be known as the day that the Caine family was born...

-Rikter Ca
© Copyright 2007 L Angel (l_angel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1288785-Serotonin---Prologue