*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1287696-Panic-Prone---2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Fiction · Drama · #1287696
Just when Anita thinks it can't get any worse, something happens that she never expected.
It's the first week in May.
Sunny, flowers blooming, birds chirping and playing in the air.

I wish I had a bb-gun.
It would be like that little duck hunting game for the regular Nintendo.
That game was fun.
I kicked ass at it.

Anyway, like I was saying, it was a beautiful day out.
The kind of day that anybody would love to take a stroll through the park in.
But I hated it.
Yes, yes, I hated it.

For one reason.
Heat.

I have to walk two miles underneath a hot sun, which is possibly burning all of my exposed flesh off of my body, to go flunk history.
Mm hmm.
Maybe I can show up at school looking like one of those zombies from "Night of The Living Dead".
I could have half of my flesh missing and be slowly dragging my feet through the front doors while drooling out of the corner of my mouth.

....What a stupid idea.

I know what you're thinking--"why doesn't she drive to school?"
I would if I could. But I can't.
Because my parents refuse to get me a car.
And they won't let me borrow their car, even though they haven't used them in 10 years.
It was no use.

The school came into view.
Northport High School.
Cheap, outdated, decrepid, smelly, dusty, and dirty.

Half of the locker doors are missing, the air conditionding doesn't work, our textbooks are about 25 years old, there's mold in the bathrooms, spiderwebs and cobwebs in the corners of the classrooms, and the carpet is ridden with stains and ground-in dirt.
Not to mention our teachers couldn't give to big shits about our education.
Then again, neither do the students.

7th period Study Hall rolled around.

I sat there with my head in my hands, staring straight ahead at the blank chalkboard.

Blank.
Like me.
I'm like a notebook that has nothing in it.
Maybe I did at one time, but those pages have been erased or torn out.

Possibly burned to ashes.

-pont-

I tore my head off of my hand when I felt a stinging sensation on my shoulder.
Looking at the floor, I spotted a match laying there.

Ahah. Somebody threw it at me.
While it was still hot.

I flipped around and saw the same thing I always see.
Jordan Tyler sitting in his desk, surrounded by 4 guys who are smoking and drinking.

I bet you're wondering why they're doing that doing class.
As usual, the teacher wasn't there.
He was in the teacher's office shootin' the breeze with other teacher's who also weren't paying attention to their classes.

So the students sneak their vodka, booze, cigarettes, and other drugs in their backpacks, then use them unsupervised.

But hey, that's what happens at every public school, right?
© Copyright 2007 Pandevelyn (very_invisible at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1287696-Panic-Prone---2