*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286229-Talking-Bugs
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Maddie
Rated: · Short Story · Children's · #1286229
Shimmer is a ladybug. Come see what is to become of her.
Hello, my name is Shimmer Connie Greenwell. I am a ladybug. I am a girl; (state: I am a girl, not a boy.) You see, I used to live in Nevada, but I now live in New York. (Ya know with all the tall, fancy buildings.) It's not a place for a bug though. I didn't mean to go to New York. Here, I'll tell you the story.
It was probably the beginning of August. The sun was beating down upon my tiny body; there were no places of shade left. So, with the little power that I had I flew up to the side of the road to see if a truck was coming any time soon. About 30 minutes later, a truck came by. I used all the strength I had, and flew into the truck before the man slammed the door on me. In the backseat was a fancy box; it must have been a jewlary box, but with no extravagent jewlary inside. It happened to be open, so I flew into the gorgeous jewlary box. Then a couple minutes later the giant truck was moving. The glamorous jewlary box I was in shut faster than you could say fast. Then it was pitch black and I couldn't see anything! So I then went to sleep for a couple hours. The jewlary box was moving for about 30 minutes, then the moving stopped. I went back to sleep. Next I woke up. I was energized and wide awake! We must have a hit a bump or something because the jewlary box opened all by itself. I flew right out of the jewlary box, and I saw that I was on a giant boat. I flew up to the very top, and I looked at the big water that I was on. I looked right in front of me and saw the Statue of Liberty. She was the most unique and largest statue I have ever seen in my life! I stayed wide awake until the sailors threw down the anchor. Then I got a little nausea, and I went back into the jewlary box. Apparently I woke up a couple minutes later because I heard talking and talking and screaming! OOOWWWW!!! MY EARS!!!! I was then moved into a house with screaming children! I was set down by a human. A little child opened the box up and I flew out before the home door was closed again. I was trapped in New York, but soon found out that it wasn't so bad.




To Be Continued......
© Copyright 2007 Maddie (maddieleigh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1286229-Talking-Bugs