*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285350-he-loves-me-i-got-him-shot
by Jaden
Rated: 13+ · Other · Drama · #1285350
when trouble spikes melanie,who'll save her?
Introduction

“I suppose I should’ve been worried last night, she hadn’t come home for two days already.”
“Mrs. Hamilton, could you show us to your daughter’s bedroom it may help us find evidence of why she’s gone missing,” Officer Ramirez said politely while glancing at his nervous inexperienced partner. It was Erik Leman’s first day on the job and already handling a missing persons. He was nineteen years old, the youngest on the force.
“Of course,” she muttered leading them up stairs. Mrs. Hamilton was a good looking woman, possibly in her early forties. She had neatly combed dyed blonde hair and light green eyes. She was extremely flamboyant and quite air-headed, wealth had that effect on many people.
Mrs. Hamilton sat on her daughter’s bed and spoke, “I guess I wasn’t worried because she had pulled this sort before.”
“Excuse me,” Ramirez said, “this sort?”
“Well she would disappear for a day or two but never this long.”
“This was her room, that over there is the bathroom—”
“Look! The screen on the window is broken!” Leman shouted as if he were a child in a toy store.
“Thanks Nancy Drew,” Ramirez whispered just low enough for Mrs. Hamilton not to hear.
“Maybe it was a break in?” Leman questioned his partner.
“Mrs. Hamilton, how old did you say your daughter is?” Ramirez said watching her exit the room.
“Sixteen,” she shouted as she stepped back down the stairs.
When he was sure Mrs. Hamilton was out of ear shot he said, “sounds like a break out.”






Chapter One

“I can’t believe we made it to Canada!” Melanie screamed almost standing up in the red convertible. Her long brown locks of hair flew in the wind lashing her fair skin in the face.
“Mel, sit down,” Jason said laughing, “you’re going to fall out then I’ll have to bring you back to L.A in pieces, how am I supposed to explain that?”
She pushed up his dark sunglasses as she sat back down, she loved seeing his brown eyes, “why do we have to go back?” They came to a red light, as the car slowed he looked over at her, “Mel, we have to go back.”
She gave the same pout she did every time he said that, but they had never left L.A and gotten this far! She thought it might be different. “Mel, you’re sixteen, I could get arrested for this.”
“It wouldn’t be the first time,” she said as the car began rolling again.
“Kidnapping and sleeping with a minor is different than breaking and entering my aunts house when I was seventeen,” he looked at her as she watched all the new things she was seeing, barely taking note of his words, “well stay for a little then go back later, deal?” Her face shot back into his view with that million dollar smile that won him over. She leaned over and kissed him.
By the time they arrived at their hotel it was already one o’ clock in the morning. After checking in their room Melanie fell asleep quickly. “Mel,” Jason said in a whiny tone, “don’t go to sleep!”
“Mmm,” she groaned, “I’m tired,” she said flipping her body to face up.
Jason slipped his hands under her thin white t-shirt, “too tired, for just one more thing?”
“Jason, I’m sleepy!” she protested as her shirt came off. She felt her skirt lift then a sudden thrust and her eyes flashed open, “Jason—”
“Shh. Don’t say anything.”
© Copyright 2007 Jaden (xdeathandlovex at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1285350-he-loves-me-i-got-him-shot