*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1284715-Dreaming
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1284715
this poem is a dedication to a very close friend of mine who passed away
Somewhere in the darkness your voice finds its way to my ears, pausing only a moment to be sure its really you i close my eyes and am greeted by that gentle boyish smile and those deep-blue eyes i remember only too well. The sunlight is warm against my bare cheeks as you scoop me up into your arms just as i have wanted for so long. Looking into your eyes nothing needs to be said as all the love and compassion you have always had for me comes rushing out in a river of tears. Finally after a few moments... "i love you." even as the softest whisper i felt all that you meant to the very core of my soul. Gently wiping your tears my own begin to trickle slowly. " I miss you" was all i could manage. Without another word our lips slowly meet. a moment later i open my eyes only to find i was once again alone. nothing broke the silence but the rythmic ticking of a clock. unable to control them any longer huge sobs escape as i realize you had never been there at all everything had only been a dream...

© Copyright 2007 mizzwriter (mizzwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1284715-Dreaming