*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281560-rebirth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Essay · Experience · #1281560
a night i had that rekindled the old flame of revolution in my mind
ya so last night i had a fuckn blast but i didnt bring my camra cause i am stupid so i am just going to tell you about it. i was sitting on my computer so unmotivated to do anything. i was super depressive...i didnt want to hang around any of my friends and go anywhere they were going. so i was shooting tequilla not anwsering the phone downloading music. and my brother was watching animal house and it was at that part where belushi was givin his motivational speech...and i dont know something came over me...i jumped up and said i am so fuckn awesome i am going out by myself and having the time of my life...so i threw on the good time getting ready and dressed for the night jams.. "sharp dressed man" "black betty" "where not gonna take it" and some random goodtimes techno. i went to the door and told my brother to lock it behind me...he said "dude, where the fuck are you going" i said "wherever god takes me".

10:30 pm......location south philly

with my margarita made of mountain dew i pointed north and like kung-fu the legend continues i set out on the land in search of truth. i was walking down south street avoiding my normal spots like mako's and ......well pretty much mako's lol that place is a blackhole i tell ya. i heard some music coming from upstairs from this bar thru the second floor window..i slow down, i listen, i step inside too further my investigation... just as suspected, they were playing funky cold medina. i sit down i order some drinks and so the night unfolds. i was about done with my beer and gin and tonic when the band started playing a young mc cover. they were playing "bust a move". i am listening to the words..and drinking another drink..

"Ok smartie, go to a party
Girls are stancin the crowd is showin body
A chick walks by you wish you could sex her
But you're standin on the wall like you was Poindexter"

and i am thinking "man i am being such a pointdexter right now" i should just bust a move". this song is about how i came out tonight on a mission and i am just sitting here. nobody else was dancing and i was about to get up and just do it because the band was trying so hard to get people to participate and before i could this gang of old broads was like hey" you wanna dance" and the song went

"A girl runs up with somethin to prove
So don't just stand there, bust a move"

and they definetly weren't girls but beggers cant be complainers so i had to get up and get it a lil freaky deek funky with the old broads. they end ed up pouring like 3 shots of jager down my throat and then i decided the party was beat and i wanted to move on. i heard some guy talking to his friend saying he was going to old city. old city? i forgot all about old city..it always reminds me of that place in sin city were the hookers hang out. well thats how i always picture it in my mind when someone says old city...and it isnt that far from the truth. so i told my fat friends that i had to go...they said huh? where are you going? i said "whereever god takes me"

12:30....location old city

i pay the man 6 bux and say thanks for the ride...he says "dirka dirka muhomed gihod and fucking drives into a building and kills a crackhead " whatever, not gonna let it ruin my night". my saga unfolds as i stroll down the street of chesnuts..not that bar...no to many asians...to jiggy...underdressed...restaurant restaurant....hmmmm...whats this ? the khyber...well how do you do. "how much sir?" "8 bux replys the bitter door man" seems resonable, what else is guy like me going to do this time of night neways. so its crowded and the band isnt on...i walk up the steps. man i love this song is this africa bambaataa? i better drink a redbull...nah i better drink too. so its kinda dead and the dance floor is mostly a bunch of guys shakin there weeners in eachothers faces....but fuck it i wanna dance ......so i do. it takes me a minute and shit it might take me allnight to get my old moves back but i am having a time so i dont even mind. its getting late and there really isn't anybody dancing anymore just a couple of burnt out hipster kids trying to look cool. then these two drunk chicks stumble thru the door and start going buck wild..and the were the best friends a guy could have till closing time. they bought me a shot of vodka and i bought some beers. "man i am so fucking drunk i can't take another shot i am gonna be sick" i tell them. they asure me i am wrong and if i suck the lime real hard i wont get sick at all. man these were some smart english girls. lets have another....and another...oh man i am as agiddy as aschool girl. back to the dance floor till it closes fuck you hipsters its saturday night and in the spirit of john travolta i am not going to stop till they make me leave..i got the fever. the cabbage patch..a lil moonwalk..bitch id id the funky monkey but of course it soon become to leave tho and fuck it, i need a smoke and to find some after hours anyways...dont try and hold me down with numbers like 2 am and words like closing time...its never closing time...and numbers like 2 am will never sum up my night. i go outside and get a light for my cigarette from these two kids even tho i have a lighter in my pocket...just a litle trick i save for times like these to spark up a conversation between strangers. i say "hey, you guys are two young, cool, fairly trendy guys just standing outside a building smoking looking like home is not a place you want to be right now" where are the after hours.."the one kid says i am from ny i really dont think there is to many..the other kid thats from here steps in "there is but its lame..i mean there's no alcahol and we are about to go to a kegger". do my ears decieve me ? a kegger ? well what the fuck are we doing standing here ? i hail us a cab and am there new best friend faster then they can say no.

2:30 am...location: northern liberties

so these guys are actually pretty cool with me hangingout . the one guy lives right by where my people in ny stay at in the upper east side and we frequent alot of the same spots. we come to the keg party and the people dont look like the type of people that i would get along with but everyone was really fucking chill. i am standing in some random strangers backyard watching the beer pong, i have a keg beside me, and even tho the night is still not over i feel accomplished. i am in a very rags to riches kind of mood and i cant stop thinking to myself how glad i am that i came out tonight. i set out in search of new friends and good times and i have found both in 5 hours. i decide to go inside to mingle a bit. to see what else the night has to offer. i see a radio and next to it is the bon jovi slippery when wet album. i proceed and continue to rock the fuckin night...i am wasted. everyone else is wasted. who cares if i put the bon jovi on and do an air guitar on the coffee table in front of a bunch of strangers....i sure dont have any hangups about it. ya' just as i thought they knew the fuckn words. we went thru every old cheezy 80's cd they had till 6 in the morning and had a blast dancing on the coffee table and taking dumb pictures. by 7 am in the morning there is about 10 of us on the roof smoking some dweebs and i dont even get high watching the sun rise. ya its definetly over now, but i feel like my summer has just begun. i say my goodbye's and hop the el train towards home.

8 am ...location old city

i get off the train in old city to just walk around and hopefully catch a cab. man this city is so fucking awesome at 8 am everything is all shiny and it makes me feel more drunk. i havn't felt this good in a long time. i dont think i am gonna leave this one any time soon.......

so thats my story,i wish i would have seen you out...maybe next time i will.


© Copyright 2007 mr_manana (mr_manana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1281560-rebirth