*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279927-The-Quest
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1279927
Comic story
The Quest


As he enters the downtown area to go to work he thinks man I need a vacation I need to take some time off and just go to the mountains. He climbs into his cab and say's take me to 77 cider place so as the driver lets him off he now enter's his place of work it is a Software company he develops different types of software for business to business use mostly for cataloging rare symbols for artifacts.

Now as he begins his day the hours pass he grabs his pencil and begins to doodle always he is drawing this place a place he can almost see in his mind but it is a passing thought and now the phone has rang and he hears the familiar miss Thomas saying "its for you Jack"

OK He responds he completes the phone call and calls to miss Thomas and says hey we just made a huge sale to Apex Industries so I need you to fax over the documents to Wally so he can approve this.

OK Jack you are working hard why don't you take a vacation we can handle things here while you are gone? Actually Miss Thomas I was thinking of doing that today it has been a long time since I took any time off

I am thinking of going to the mountains yes what a great Idea let me book you on a plane for later this week and go home and pack I will take care of everything. OK that sounds Great I need to get ready and tell everyone they will get a big bonus when I get back.

The Next Day comes and he boards his flight and it takes off he is flying to the Mountains it is a long flight so he begins to sleep he dreams of climbing the mountain to the top and he keeps finding something that is very important but he can't place the item and then he awakens and hears fasten your seat belts we are about to land.

The Plane sets down and as he unpacks and gets settles he heads straight for the mountain like a boy who can't wait to unwrap his gift he climbs high and fast until he comes to a place of where the mountain gets very steep and the footing is dangerous.

I am not strapped in so I better be careful he thinks to himself but as he continues up the mountain his foot lands in a spot that gives way and he falls into a cave.

Oh its a good thing the fall wasn't to far he thinks and as he gets up he is OK just a bit bruised so he now thinks to himself this place looks familiar and he remembers his drawing this is the place and its the same place I was dreaming about but how can that be? so as he looks around he sees tons of tunnels leading to everywhere.

He takes the one in front of him and leads to place where there are marks all over the walls he places his hands on the wall to see what these marks and he notices they are symbols from what looks like a ancient race he touches the symbol and the wall shakes and he thinks the cavern is going to cave when suddenly up from the ground rises two amazing things a battle Axe and shield.

Wow what are these things he thinks and begins to examine them I have never seen such detail as he grabs the Axe something happens it begins to fill the room with light and then energy he can feel it all around him. and then he see's it like a door way and he grabs the shield and steps through he can believe what he see's.
© Copyright 2007 publishmystories (mightydw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1279927-The-Quest