*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270009-Flight-Into-Ranul
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1270009
A man travels to a distant planets and meets a mythlogoical like fate.
Only just days in flight and I already have a need for human contact. Doctors said I would have about month before the cravings but it’s been about a week. The sheets of alloyed-titanium bolt all around. Why does it have to be so shiny? Could they have used carbon copperite. More dull. But I guess it is ironic that I think dull. This flight could be duller.

Suddenly a fairly loud tapping is heard.

I can’t be there already.

One of the silver sheeted alloyed-titanium wall dissolves and enters a small man. Small in all over configuration. Small hands, small head, like a human but in a smaller proportion.

“Am I on Artimium?”

A high squeaky voice.

“Yes, the second satellite from the planet Jeron. Welcome.”

“I’m here too early.”

“No, the message was sent exactly six months and twelve day ago.”

“It felt like a week.”

“Yes, well, universal travel is much more advanced then when you last traveled.”

“It wasn’t too long ago, only four hundred and seventy-eight earth days ago.”

”That may be true but technology is quick now, huh? Come on to your resting quarters.”

Walking out of my luminous shell and into the blue light from the Ranul was almost blinding. Six months, universal travel has been advanced all right. I walked the bridge to the hotel, the air was thick with tetraoxide, it still has that feel to it, like stepping out of the shower. I followed the pigmy to my sleeping quarters. He handed me my key.

“Have a nice stay.”

“Thank you.”

He walked back into the thick air. I twirled the key in my hand. I put it in the lock and turn, the door dissolved and I stepped in. To my surprise there it was. My jet, still in perfect shape. I walked over to the glass alloyed plastic and pressed the open button on the under hatch. The top slowly opened. I stepped in and sat down. The leather felt so nice compared to that plastic alloy in my travel ship. I placed my hand on the scanner and the jet started right up. Lights of all color blinked on my front board. The roof above me open and I typed in my command in the CPU. The jet shot into the air and was off. This was so nice. My jet, the Icarus 723, old and out dated but I still love it. The Ranul’s blue light shown in. Different from the Sun, The Ranul was powered not by fission or fusion but fosion. Instead of hydrogen it’s Mostly Oxygen and a little bit of hydrogen and nitrogen, almost like water but as hot as the Sun. It’s very beautiful. The blue and slight green that is the off product.

“Warning! Warning!”

Out of my daze, I’m to close the gravitational pull of Ranul is pulling my ship towards it. There’s nothing I can do. My ship slowly travels towards to the giant blue sphere. I pass the outer atmosphere and then the next layer and then the next. Finally I stop. The liquid is all around my ship. In a matter of minutes the liquid will enter into the cockpit and then I’m died. Three minutes pass and I feel the oxygen burning my whole body. What a way to go?
© Copyright 2007 Marsten (marsten at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1270009-Flight-Into-Ranul