*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265201-Empty-Eyes
by Talhar
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1265201
A quick story I came up with this morning. About a man that learns his family just died.
         Staring blankly back at the police officer, Alexander stuttered. He was at a loss for words, what do you say to the man who just told you that your entire family was just killed? Collapsing onto the floor, Alex said nothing. He was far away, going over pictures and words in his head. His thoughts went over the last thing he said to his daughter that morning. He hadn’t meant to say those words, but they came out, regardless. Seconds seemed like hours, it was as if all time in the universe stopped just so Alex could take in the moment. Like a zombie, he stared out with hollow, empty eyes, blinking only once or twice the entire time he sat there, laying against the wall. After an eternity, he finally summoned the energy to say something.
         “No,” Alex said, letting the tears stream down the side of his face.
© Copyright 2007 Talhar (talhar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1265201-Empty-Eyes