*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261132-a-love-story
by Taps
Rated: E · Short Story · None · #1261132
An abrupt start to a cute end ... be in love... its a nice feeling
There was a big party somewhere in the town…the lover boy, also referred to as ‘the shark’ was there …looking down upon people around. Also somewhere in the same party was this girl (princess in disguise)… No one ever knew who she was and where she came from… neither did the shark knew.

They crossed each other and she, the princess, stopped, stepped back and asked the Shark, “How are you doing?”

Completely shocked, he looked at her and said; “well I am fine” … amazingly enough the lover boy of the society couldn’t think of the next sentence to say to her. He stood there blank. The girl did most of the talking. She went on chatting to him about how hard and easy life is, all sorts of permutations and combinations of nearly everything. The boy couldn’t speak to her… he wanted to impress her … he wanted to flirt with her but he just couldn’t. It was nearly time for them to leave; the girl asked the boy if it was okay for her to be in touch with him. He agreed and they exchanged their phone numbers.

The boy went home, unhappy with his own self and not having a reason as to why he couldn’t flirt with her. Why he couldn’t impress her? Why she had her way and spoke whatever she wanted to, he just stood there listening to her… He was angry with his own self and decided that no matter what… if she at all calls, he has to flirt with her.

Surprisingly enough the girl called and as expected the boy did the minimal bit in their half an hour conversation… they hung up and the boy couldn’t believe himself… he just couldn’t talk to her properly, he felt shy, he felt nervous, he started to think as to what to say … never happened to him in ages… he was not in for any serious relation… he had enough of that and wanted to enjoy every bit of his bachelorhood but this girl was driving him nuts.

He felt disgusted and got drunk. Was driving back home when he met with a serious accident. Luckily enough he survived that accident… all he thought about at that moment was this girl who he was trying hard to impress… he decided and pledged to himself that he would just not think of her and won’t bother to even speak to her.

Next day, he went to work… he received a call from the girl who’s first question after he said “hello” was “ did you have an accident?”
Shocked he yelled, “How the hell do you know?”
She replied, “I just know when you are in any sort of trouble… are you alright now?” They spoke for few minutes and the boy started thinking about her… by now she had become an obsession for him.

Weeks went by, months went by… they used to speak to each other off n on … the boy still trying hard to figure out as to why he gets a cold feet the minute he hears her voice… one fine morning, he woke up and decided to give it all that he has … and impress the girl…

As expected the girl called and the boy started talking to her… he was trying real hard … the girl paused for few seconds and asked, “are you trying to flirt with me?”
With absolutely no hesitation the boy said a yes… to this the girl laughed and said to him…”You you should come and join my flirting classes… you are just horrible at it” and she continued laughing.

The boy was extremely displeased  but he decided to seek help. He had only two souls who he was extremely close to… one was his dad and the other was a very close friend of his. He decided to speak to his dad.

After explaining the whole story to his dad… his dad said, “Boy, you love her”…
He looked at his dad and said, “ Have you gone nuts dad? I don’t love her”
His dad said, “you actually love her”
....not very happy with his dad’s response he decided to seek help from his friend… he was quite surprised that his friend had to say the same thing…

The boy wasn’t ready to accept the fact that he was actually in love with this girl, who he couldn’t flirt with or even talk to properly… he decided to go back to his dad and discuss it again. He said to his dad that he was scared of proposing her. On being asked to reason out, he said that he was okay to have her as a friend, speak every now and then rather than losing her completely. He also confessed that he wouldn’t be able to accept the fact of her rejecting his proposal.

His dad asked him if he always feared a rejection before proposing and he said that this time it was different and he himself wasn’t aware of the reasons…

One fine day, he was sitting alone and she called. After a brief discussion on how things were, the girl said to him, “ You know what…you are in love with me” … The boy who was finding it really hard to tell her all this while that he loves her like crazy couldn’t stop himself and agreed that he did love her but was scared to propose her. He didn’t know what to say and started stammering and blabbering utter nonsense… The girl heard him out. He concluded by saying that he loves her and she could actually give it some thought before she answers back. He told her that he expected her to call him a day later and tell him her answer… to whether she loves him or not.

He stood there comfortably numb next to the phone and two minutes later the phone rang. It was she… he said, “It isn’t a day yet” … she replied, “ I know …all I wanted to tell you is that I love you too”…

That was perhaps the moment as they generally call it… the special moment between them…

He discovered that she was actually a princess who lived in some foreign land far away from his land. He thought of marrying her … but discovered that she wanted to give up her throne and wanted to be with him. She couldn’t marry him if he was an ordinary person and hence she decided to give up her kingdom.

The boy thought about it for long and said to the princess… that he was planning on joining the army and become a warrior… after he’s a warrior, he would marry her…till then they need to wait! And this would mean ‘a years wait’…

In that whole year, they used to speak to each other everyday… the princess generally used to complain about her stuff and how people in her own kingdom weren’t treating her well… it happened so that she was one kind hearted princess who thought that every other human being is God’s precious child and she looked after them with the same love and dignity. Apart from listening to the princess, the boy also used to teach her how to survive in the world… he used to give her survival tips. Being a shark himself once in life, he knew exactly how people would behave… they used to spend hours discussing these.

At the end of the year, the boy, who was on the verge of becoming a warrior… did learn the skills really well…better than all his peers and was given a task by the king of a neighboring kingdom to develop a strategy and win over another kingdom. Under the boy’s guidance, the king achieved what he wanted to … knowing the strategies… the boy signed a deal with the king… the king became the ruling king of both the kingdoms and the boy got a part of his army to go to the princess’s land.

He reached the land where the princess lived. They met, they hugged, they cried and they kissed. The warrior fought all the enemies, defeated them!

They got married… and the warrior said to the princess… I did all this just to become worthy of you… the princess said, “you already were worthy of me, and you didn’t have to do any of these things”…

He asked, “Would you like to go back and live a life full of happiness and just the basic wants, no kingdom and no luxuries and no wars?”
She looked at him and said, “That’s exactly what I had in mind right from the day when you asked me to marry you…what took you so long to figure it out?”
And they laughed….

In the darkness…. They quietly disappeared…no one knew where they went… no one saw them but some claim to have seen them living a happy life somewhere in far east …a life that speaks loud and clear that they both were in love with love, believed in each other and they crafted a beautiful life out of the odds…


© Copyright 2007 Taps (taposhri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261132-a-love-story