*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261077-sunsets-and-beauty
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Jager
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1261077
A small story about the search for beauty.
an old man stopped me one day walking down the street when he saw me turn to look at what could have been the most beautiful woman i'd ever seen. he went on to tell me about the day that he came across what in his mind was the most perfect spicimen of the female race. he goes into a beauiful story of love happiness and the just untter joy of life with this beautiful woman. when i asked him what this womans name was he just looked to the west towards the setting of the sun into the beautiful wave swept ocean. he just stood there for a while and turned to me and said with a single tear, "her name was cadince. i see her every time i look to the setting sun". i turned to take one last look at the setting sun and this time when i looked i took it all in. i felt a rush of emotion for the first time that day looking at the sunset. the old man came right up to my side and told me that though they say there are as many beautiful woman as there are sunsets. your goal in life should be to find just one and hold on to it as long as you can. because like the sunset it only lasts so long. with that he just turned and walked away. i never saw that man again and in all the years that have past since that day i have never gone one day in this life of mine with out thinking of that old man every time i see a beautiful woman or sunset.
© Copyright 2007 Jager (nshawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1261077-sunsets-and-beauty