*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1257443-Death-is-a-Lady
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1257443
Science Fiction Flash Contest May 2007
Alien presence located on level six bio-chemical laboratory, use of deadly force has been authorized, this is a class eight threat all security in zone report immediately the computerized voice reverberated through the hallway.

“You hear that Nimrod?” The mike was built into her stealth suit.

“Damn it! Geni I’m sorry, I put you in the thick of a shit storm again!” Nimrods voice came through the micro speaker that was implanted behind her ear.

“Screw it little man that’s why they pay me the big bucks” Geni said forgiving his novice use of the teleportation device.

Geni quickly found a wall mounted computer terminal and ripped the keyboard portion off exposing the circuitry underneath. In seconds she had hardwired the unit to the transmitter in her left glove.

“I’m hooked in Nim get me codes and maps quick, in seconds there will be twenty plus armed nasties here wanting to do very bad things to me.” She spoke through clenched teeth.

Almost on cue she heard the elevator door swoosh open around the corner from her location and the sounds of boots pounding down the hallway towards her.

“Got it Geni, disengage and go to stealth mode now!” Nimrod yelled.

She ripped her hand from the keyboard and turned towards the first guard who had just rounded the corner. He leveled his gun towards her just as she disappeared from sight.

Using stealth Geni had no problem following the map she had downloaded to the biological weapons laboratory and the codes to gain entrance to it. She didn’t hesitate to kill the scientists that had designed the world killer virus and when she left she destroyed anything that might allow someone else to follow in their tracks.

“Its payday Nimrod, bring me home.” Geni said, then vanished seconds later.

© Copyright 2007 Andrew Michaels (zman1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1257443-Death-is-a-Lady