*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1254604-the-difference
by Lauren
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Personal · #1254604
what makes a leader and lead.
Why do people look outside of me?
When people look at me, what do you think they see?
They see a teen, maybe a rebel. One who cares less about life.
They see a girl, maybe a follower. One who's just trying to act punk.
They see a tough mouth, maybe a trouble maker. One who's waiting for the right moment to steal a CD.
They see a young adult, maybe a low life. One who will sleep with everyone and anyone. One who is running after death.

Why do people look outside of me?
When I look at myself, what do I see?
I see a teen, a lover for books. One who lives each day like a book of mystery.
I see a girl, a definite leader. One who will never mix in with a crowed because she lookes like everyone else.
I see a quite mouth, but not a shy person. One who tries to be wise with her words, in order for her not to hurt anyones feelings.
I see a young adult, a lover of life. One who will never date a guy just because he said I was beautiful.

I am a strong teen. One with great imagination. With hopes and dreams that she may one day become a famous writer or a high school english teacher.

I write this peom to inspire other teens just like me. The world is creul and you can never please everyone. Be a leader, not a follower, even if your the only one leading.
© Copyright 2007 Lauren (valisca at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1254604-the-difference