*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1254407-Entry-into-science-fiction-flash
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1254407
Science fiction flash contest 300 words prompt was RAIN
She stood with her hands balled into fists as the rain poured down. Her clothes clung to her form the wet cloth accenting each muscle. She had trained since the age of ten for this fight and damn the rain to hell for trying to steal it from her. It was in her eyes blurring her vision. It was weighting her down and would restrict her movements.

The creature she faced was not quite human anymore. It was a blend of robotic engineering and human tissue brought together with cybernetic unity. A thing created for one purpose, to win this tournament. The human side of its mouth curled into an evil grin as it shifted the lenses in its eyes to thermal infrared.

The buzzer erupted from overhead speakers. The beast moved in for the quick kill its cybernetic brain offering every possible solution to seemingly any tactic that could be used against it.

She waited for the one flaw all cybernetic creatures had and it manifested almost immediately. It saw her as no threat it was going to run her down, crush her beneath its weight. It used no tactic because it was presented with nothing tactic could overcome. She waited as she was trained, waited until she could smell its decaying rotting breath; she saw the victory in its eyes.

She still did not move frightened to the spot how foolish of them to pit this frail girl against him. It brought its alloy metal fist back prepared the one blow that would end this tournament and watched horrified as she easily dodged under it, her movement to quick for a hulking metal beast to follow. It felt its neural cord being grasped tightly as she used its own forward momentum to rip it from its brain.
© Copyright 2007 Andrew Michaels (zman1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1254407-Entry-into-science-fiction-flash