*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1250455-The-Sparrows-Chapter-1
by Faye
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1250455
This is a POTC fanfic that I hope you will like.
May woke up. Looking around, she got out of bed and put on her robe. Wandering around the hut was her favorite thing to do but tonight was different. She went down to another room and knocked.

“Yes,” said a voice.

“Tia, do open up,” said May. The door opened, revealing Tia Dalma. Tia Dalma was wearing a purple dress with many decorations of beads on it.

“And what may I do for you, May?” She asked with her Jamaican accent.

“Oh, Tia, Please let me in, I would like to talk to you,” said May had a look forlorn.

“What tis the matter?” said Tia Dalma, looking worried. May was not the one to cry that much, but she was just breaking down. Tears started to roll down May’s cheeks. Tia took sympathy to the girl. Tia got a handkerchief out of her apron and wiped May’s face.

“Oh, May, do you feel right?” asked Tia Dalma.

“Yes, Tia, it is just….” said May, but not before breaking into sobs.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *  *

In Port Royal…

Rem opened her eyes slowly, she sat up and yawned. It was five in the morning she realized as she looked around in the dark room of the Turner’s mansion. She got out of bed and opened a drawer and took out a brush to brush her hair.  As she brushed her hair she thought about the day she and May got separated.

“Two years later…” She smirked. “I’ve changed, I’m fifteen now, and…today is May’s birthday, she’ll be fifteen too.” She sighed and finished brushing her hair. A few moments later Rem walked down stairs wearing Mrs. Turner’s dress that she wore years ago. She had her hair down and started flowing through the wind as she quietly walked outside, making no sound so no one would wake up.

Outside she walked up to her favorite spot, a hill top that had the ocean view. She could see the sun rising brightly as morning came. She breathed the fresh air as she closed her eyes. It feels like it would be the last breath that I will take, she thought.

Rem looked around and Will came with Elizabeth next to him.

“Good day, Rem. Nice day isn’t it?” said Will.

“Yes it is,” sighed Rem.

“What is it, Rem?” asked Elizabeth, putting a hand on Rem’s back.

“Maybe we should help her find her sister,” whispered Will to Elizabeth.

“Maybe you are right,” replies Elizabeth, then saying a bit louder so Rem could hear, Elizabeth said,” Rem, do you need a way to get away from here?” Rem looked at Elizabeth with a smile.

“If…there is a way out…” Rem said with a grin. “Then what are we waiting for?”

Elizabeth smiled. “Here’s the plan…”

That night Rem woke up, Elizabeth was to go and wake Will and then they all, Rem, Elizabeth, and Will, would make an escape.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *  *

May was given free passage after a ship had found her rowing toward Tortuga. May looked around. Nothing I would call a pirate ship but at least I do not have to row anymore for awhile.... she thought. May went to speak to the captain of the ship.

“So you think that the Kraken is actually going to attack this ship. You are absolutely insane,” said a person in the captain’s cabin.

“So what if I am insane. I do not want to be eaten or gobbled whole. We are heading inland. For last time one of our ships took aboard a stranded person, the ship came crashing down to its depths” said the captain. The man that had been talking to the captain came storming out followed by the captain.

“Well, my lady, we will be soon heading inland toward Tortuga,” the captain said as if he had read her mind.

“Thank ye, sir,” she headed back toward the mast and quickly climbed up to the crow’s nest. May reached the top and looked out to sea. It was a miraculous sight! May then felt sleepy and could not keep her eyelids open; she fell asleep.

“Land Ho!!!!” said a voice and May instantly woke up. She looked over the railing of the crow’s nest and saw it. Tortuga! May smiled.  She quickly climbed down the mast and onto the deck. The rising sun cast shadows over the ocean and surrounding area. The ship came into dock and May jumped onto the deck. The she bumped into someone running down the docks. May felt the impacted and fell. The person got up and put out a hand to help her up. She took it and got up.

“Are you all right?” asked the man.

“Yes me am,” she recognized him. She had seen him from somewhere. Then something just clicked. Alphonse! Then he said to another man to come and help. Touya! These were the men that had helped May and Rem escape. If they are here, where is Rem? thought May. Touya looked at her.

“Oh May, is that ye?” he said.

“Aye, Touya,” she said. Then someone came up behind her and said:

“Hello, May.”

May turned around. There stood Rem. May ran to Rem and hugged her.

“I missed ye so much,” said May.

“As did I,” replied Rem.
© Copyright 2007 Faye (asian_blue at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1250455-The-Sparrows-Chapter-1