*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247041-The-Unfinished-story
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1247041
And so the story continues...
"And so it goes," that was a quote that I had read by a pretty good author. His name eludes me as I stare at the blank computer screen. I had been trying to write an essay about American Lit class for the past 2 hours and I find that words are slipping from my mind and hidding themselves under my bed. Well, they have to be there because I definitley havent been able to find them anywhere else.
"Raffi, what happened to all your DVDs," inquired my roomate who was sifting through old socks and papers that lay in front of the tv stand. He scracthed his fuzzy, red hair, and squinted behind his thick plastic frames. "Louie, look for them. If they're not there that means some one had to borrow them."
I had began to get aggravated because not only could i not finish or even start this essay but Louie kept bugging me every 3 minutes for something. I stood up from my desk, deciding that it might be better if I went down to the lounge to do some writing. I might just get some peace down there.
Louie frowned as I grabbed my laptop and headed out the door. The hallway was silent today. Unlike most dorms on campus there always seemed to be a party here and now it seemed like no one even lived in the entire building.
I stomped down the tiled stair case to the lobby, smirking to myself, as the noise seemed to envelop the entire world. Reaching the bottom of the metal staircase all the lights seemed to be out in the study room.
"Well, I guess I'll have to fix that," I muttered to myself as I pushed the door open with my left hand, and began gropping the wall for the light switch.
My hand slid down the light switch. There seemed to be something sticky and wet on the wall. "Yuck," I started as I wiped my hand on my jeans.
The lights flooded the errie room, "Hey, anyone in here?" I asked, peering around the room.
I held my hand up in front of my face to see what it was that i touched on the wall, and was met with a greasy, green monstrocity that looked like the remains of a dead bug.
"Just my luck," I muttered, as I moved further into the room. I placed my lap top on the marred, and dirty coffee table and began to type odds and ends of quotations I had remembered from past authors.
The lights flickered overhead and then went off. Just my luck, I thought as I leapt from my seat on the threadbare floor. "Hello," I shouted, my voice echoing off of the walls. "Is anyone there?" Silence responded so loudly I began to experience a ringing in my ears.
I began to make my way to the light switch, tripping over chairs and bumping into tables. When I had finally found the switch, I used the end of my teeshirt to flip it on and off, but nothing happened.
"This is just great," I said as I pushed open the door to the hall. 'I gotta get back to my room," I whispered into the inky darkness. Even though it was only 3 o'clock the hall was as dark as the belly of a cave. Outside a storm raged from no where. "Wow, when did that start." I held my glowing Timex watch up and seen that the time was 10 o'clock pm. 'That cant be right," i said scratching my head. "I just came downstairs no less that 5 minutes ago."
I found the railing to the stair case and raced up the stairs............................


TO BE CONTINUED....
© Copyright 2007 Nina Rawce (ninarawce at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1247041-The-Unfinished-story