*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1234415-Kody
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1234415
This is my short story
The blood dripped from my mouth as I let the now cold and lifeless crumple on the broken pavement at my feet. The expression on the dying boy's face was one of horror and the fear shone at me from his glossy, pale, and clouded eyes. The sky blue school uniform he wore was drenched in his own blood and began to hardenas the blood began to dry. The burnish-red hair fell in his face, making him appear even younger than his 10 years. The life and exburerance that filled his young blood revolted me. I bent close to take the last few precious drops before the verge of death when the glossy dark eyes looked straight into my pale baby blue ones. I stopped and, in a slpit second, decided to turn him. A slight red mine formed on my wrist where the knife slid across and I gave him my blood. He drank as if it was the last thing he would ever do and, after pulling my arm away to avoid the hunger that fueled him, I soothed him as his body died. It was almost sunup when he was ready to move.
"Follow me and hurry. Into the shadow of the building before the sun reaches us." I stammered out as I pulled him along behind me. He hesitated for a moment but the quickly darted into the alley. My longer strides forced him to run until, after about an hour or so of twists and turnes, suddenly I stopped. I let go of his arm and looked out across the street. The throng of people milled about through the traffic and in and out of stores.
"Shit. Why do humans have to be up so damn early. We'll have to wait here until the rush is over." I slumped down and motioned the boy to so as well. He sat down and leaned back against the wall. I looked over at him and the tear that ran down his cheek and unconsciously I wiped it away.
"What's wrong? I'm sorry if this is really hard on you but I'll look after you. I'm Kody. What's your name?" I pulled my hand back and smiled sweetly at him as I tried to reassure him. He winced slightly when I first touched him but then he grabbed my hand and held on to it.
"I'm Nathan. But everyone used to call me Nat. And I'm really okay now, are you really going to look after me and protect me?" I nodded and he smiled back at me.

The noon sun was rising higher in the sky before the throng of people crowding the street showed sign of dispersing. Nathan stayed close to me as we crept through the shadows of the city. Turn and alley grew faster until we were nearly at a dead run. Closer and closer we moved to the home I had known for the last two centuries.
"You need to feed before we get there. Can't let a growing boy starve now can I?"

© Copyright 2007 ExtremePoet (extremepoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1234415-Kody