*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1230280-Getting-Lucky
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Joe
Rated: · Other · Other · #1230280
This is a story about a nervous boy and his friend.
This beautiful girl named Charlotte called me up one Saturday night and told me to come over, her parents weren’t home. I had known Charlotte for a while but we had never kissed or anything like that, and she was the first girl to invite me over alone while her parents were gone. I was getting ready to go when the phone rang. It was this guy named Mike that I knew.
“Wassup bud?”
“Nothing, not too much.”
“Hey dude you wanna go bowling tonight man?”
“Actually I’m going to this girl’s house.”
“Whose house?”
“Charlotte.”
“Is she having a party dude?”
“No, I don’t think so.”
“Oh, okay, well just let me know if she’s having a party dude I’d love to come.”
“Alright, bye Mike.”
Mike could be a real pain. He had a tendency to show up places when he wasn’t invited. He was usually a real worm and found a way to get you to invite him over but that night I was like a steadfast warrior. The good part was, I told my parents I was going bowling with Mike before I left.
Charlotte’s porch had green carpet on it that I thought was supposed to look like grass, because I couldn’t think of any other reason to have green carpet on your porch. I could see a light on through the curtains of her living room window and I could hear people laughing on TV. I rang the doorbell and fidgeted with the zipper on my coat as I waited for her to answer.
When she finally did I saw that she looked stunning and I blurted “I like this carpet on your porch.”
And she laughed a little bit and said “Thank you,” as she took my coat.
I said “You’re welcome.”
We sat down on her couch. I didn’t know what show was on TV. I didn’t really even look at the TV. I was looking at Charlotte’s living room and the furniture which was pretty nice and the pictures of her family on the walls. I guess we had been watching TV for a while when Charlotte moved really close to me and kissed my cheek. She smelled fresh like after it rains.
“What show is this?”
“What?”
“What show are we watching?”
“Oh… I don’t know…”
She kept moving closer and trying to kiss me and I started concentrating on the TV hard. The man on the screen had his hand stuck in a jar of peanut butter.
“What are you doing?”
“I’m just watching TV, look, his hand’s stuck.”
“Well aren’t we even going to make out?”
At that moment the door bell rang. I released a deep breath while Charlotte went to go answer it. I wrung my hands together and examined the carpet. Then I heard Mike’s voice and saw Mike standing in the doorway and Charlotte looking deeply weirded out with her arms crossed.
“Mike! Hey Mike!”
“Sup buddy?!” He came towards me with his hand raised for a high-five which I supplied him with.
“Ohh Charlotte, I forgot to tell you, Mike and I are going bowling!”
“Oh.”
“Yeah but thanks for having me I had a great time.”
In Mike’s car he asked me if I got lucky. I said yeah, that I did, and he wanted details but I said I’d rather not tell him.

© Copyright 2007 Joe (joseph1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1230280-Getting-Lucky